My Mk4 facelift Ibiza Cupra TDi

Don't know part number but it looks like the little plastic flap just up in front of the rear view mirror same area as the interior lights if that makes sense

im aware of what it is just not what car it come from or the part number.
as i said in my last post ive wanted one in both my cupras but they dont come standard in them or any mk4 ibiza ive only seen them in grey.
if thats sounds rude i apologise its not suppose too :)

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
im aware of what it is just not what car it come from or the part number.
as i said in my last post ive wanted one in both my cupras but they dont come standard in them or any mk4 ibiza ive only seen them in grey.
if thats sounds rude i apologise its not suppose too :)

It was standard on very early Cupras I think, it's the proper Cupra one I ordered it from Dave at Sere on here, part number is 6XO 858 555 D B41. Have a look here http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=382808

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
Since I don't smoke and have any use for the cigarette lighter, and since I found this Audi 12v lighter hole plug (not sure the technical term) just lying on the street the other day, I decided to make use of it :funk:

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
New shoes

Had an expensive day today, needed 2 new back tyres anyway as MOT stated they were only just legal and discovered last week the wrong profile tyre was on the car, 45 instead of 40.

So went to a great tyre place called Extra Grip Tyres in Nottingham. They are Nottingham's main Kumho dealer and I wanted a good tyre, not the garbage "autogrip" make that were on it, they were SO bad in the rain, lethal at times. I wanted a branded tyre for a good price. They said their best value for money was the Kumho Ecsta LE Sport for £65 per tyre fitted, so I went with these and also got the wheel alignment done at the same time for £18.

Few pics of the new tyres and the car below. The 40 profile is so much better than the 45, the Kumhos are ridiculously quiet compared to the previous tyres and they have brilliant grip, the only downside to the 40 profile is the gap now between tyre and arch is slightly bigger but only by about 5mm.

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
in what way is the 40 profile better than the 45?
your car is looking very nice.

Well I was running 45 without knowing that it should have been on 40's so the tyre pressure I was using (29psi), led to under inflated tyres due to them being bigger, which is probably why they were so noisy and constantly spun even in 4th gear. The wheel alignment was also wrong due to the larger tyre. I was expecting a really harsh ride with the 40 profile but it's not too bad to be honest, it's less bouncy than with the 45's, but again, that is probably because they were under inflated. And thanks for the comment :D

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
So my "fix" the other week for the dodgy power folding mirror didn't last and the drivers mirror started folding too far again. Purchased a replacement mirror unit from a place called AEP direct for £55 delivered, way cheaper than what Seat charge. Managed to fit it over the weekend with thanks to the door card removal guides on here. Didn't take any pics as phone battery had died, but can now happily fold my mirrors in :funk:

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
Just took a few pictures of various badges on the car for no particular reason :whistle: Could do with some new letters for the Cupra on the boot as the silver is starting to peel off some of them.

Last edited:

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
Removed the "R" badge from the rear of my car today. Badge wasn't standard, a previous owner must have stuck it on, but the badge was faded, scratched and looked a bit of a mess really. Think the back looks much tidier without it now!

Before.

After

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
Got myself one of these off ebay for £14 and an iPhone app called engine link for £3.99 which does all the same things torque, rev and the more expensive apps do. Will go out for a drive next week and see what sort of data I can collect. :funk:

JayFR150

Fresh & Clean
Jul 20, 2008
Near Gatwick
Got myself one of these off ebay for £14 and an iPhone app called engine link for £3.99 which does all the same things torque, rev and the more expensive apps do. Will go out for a drive next week and see what sort of data I can collect. :funk:

Thought i'd check your readers ride as you commented on mine. Very nice car, Loving the brakes, i didn't know the diesels gets a set of these ? are they upgrades?

Also can you give a little more information on the above post? does it do the diagnostics for the car on to your phone etc?

Last edited:

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
Thought i'd check your readers ride as you commented on mine. Very nice car, Loving the brakes, i didn't know the diesels gets a set of these ? are they upgrades?

Also can you give a little more information on the above post? does it do the diagnostics for the car on to your phone etc?

Thanks for checking it out! Yeh the brakes were standard on both petrol and diesel models but only in the UK.

Yeh it does engine fault codes, and any data your engine transmits, temps, boost pressure, engine load and mpg amongst other things, also works out torque and bhp but not too accurately. I need to have another proper go with it really but need somewhere good to mount my phone so I can see it whilst driving.

JayFR150

Fresh & Clean
Jul 20, 2008
Near Gatwick
Thanks for checking it out! Yeh the brakes were standard on both petrol and diesel models but only in the UK.

Yeh it does engine fault codes, and any data your engine transmits, temps, boost pressure, engine load and mpg amongst other things, also works out torque and bhp but not too accurately. I need to have another proper go with it really but need somewhere good to mount my phone so I can see it whilst driving.

Very cool, i'll be checking this out !

If you need something to mount your phone... this is a decent product:
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_910769_langId_-1_categoryId_165635

I have one in my leon and it's made my sat nav redundant. if this app works well too then it'll be great for showing the stats..

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
New year brings new plans! Not done anything with the car over the winter so far but will be doing the following in the new year.

90k Service is first on the list, also need the handbrake dash light fixing and a fault code scan whilst in.
Fix scratch on rear bumper I got by reversing in to someone :cry:
Discs and pads all round, looking at brembo max discs and brembo pads.
Fit rear spacers I bought off Pabs before xmas.
New clutch and DMF as getting slip in the higher gears, probably go for the darkside developments kit.
Intercooler and turbo pipework upgrade as Lavery http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=390476 has done with his.

Other less important things I will eventually do:

Genuine aero sideskirts.
GENK2 auto dimming rear view mirror.

Lets see how many of these I actually get done this year :blink:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.