My oil is running low!

FR*Man1984

time for a MINI adventure
Hi there, probably a really silly post this, I must sound like a right div...but here goes :

I bought my Ibiza FR TDi back in June this year and is already the engine oil is requiring a fill-up :cry: Don't know if this is normal, but I know that new cars use oil like. Can someone help as to what oil to go for? I've consulted the hand-book and I find it really confusing as to what grade to get etc. Don't particularly want to go to my SEAT dealer, as it's a 50mile trip. Any recommends would be grately appreciated.

This is my first brand new car and I want to look after it :D ! lol Also this is my first post so be gently with me! lol

Regards

Brett.

Last edited:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
new cars will use a bit to begin with,but should settle down once run in.i'd be keeping an eye on it though.

TonyK

Vodka?
Jul 16, 2006
Northampton
I've been amazed by my Cupra so far .. 900 miles in and it seems to have used next to no oil (and there was me panicing about buying some 506.01 ready .. mainly cos I couldn't find any anywhere)

Brett, when I got mine I was advised to check the oil every 300 miles for the first 2000 as it was likely to burn a lot while running in.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
TonyK said:
I've been amazed by my Cupra so far .. 900 miles in and it seems to have used next to no oil (and there was me panicing about buying some 506.01 ready .. mainly cos I couldn't find any anywhere)

keep an eye on it mate cos it will probably do a dive bomb on ya just when you feel confident about doing a long trip

happy motoring :D

chase06

Aug 8, 2006
Sorry to thread hijack, but do you guys know what oil to put in a petrol FR and where to get it from? I dont quite trust my dealer and mine seems to have used a little bit (three long runs)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.