my yellow 1.4 TDI Turbomotive

boomhauwer

1.4 TDI Turbomotive :D
Feb 21, 2009
Belgium
hi all!

I own a 2008 ibiza 1.4TDI ecomotive.Went for this model cause i still don't like the new ones, they look like corsas too me.

for now the car is still standard, and i'm going to change just a few subtle things.

on the wishlist:
-alloys: 16" black OZ ultraleggera, still think 17" are too big for a 1.4tdi, normally they will be mounted tomorrow. can't wait to get rid of the 165/70 tires [:@]
-original seat cupra rear spoiler , they look cool, yet not overdone
-Lowering kit 20 or 30mm
-spherical gear knob
-remap too 105bhp/245nm
-must get some rear lights with the grey background
-better sound system

The thing I hate most about this car is the sound sometimes... An ecomotive doesn't have the engine cover (to save wheight...:confused:) maybe I'll order that too, to reduce the sound (only if it is a little bit...)

I also have a few questions:
-I saw that the rear spoiler was mounted with 4bolts? is that the only thing holding it? or does it need to be glued as well?
-If you lower the car, does it make the suspension even harder?
-Is it possible too mount the front cupholder afterwards?Or does it requires to break the whole dash out? I thought they came with that in the standard equipment.

here some pics, tomorrow with new alloys :D

IMG_4668.jpg

IMG_4562.jpg

IMG_4559.jpg

Last edited:

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Nice car mate. Interior looks very nice :) and the arm rest is the same as the one I have..

Someone had put your steering wheel on the wrong side though ;)

boomhauwer

Feb 21, 2009
Belgium
no, we drive on the 'normal' side of the road :p
just kidding.

I'll never swap my interiour, it's the thing I love the most of the car :D

mods will be coming soon, i'll update it once an a while, no worries

boomhauwer

Feb 21, 2009
Belgium
update: wheels!
16" OZ ultraleggera
muche more comfortable ride than the 165/70 huge difference, less noise/rumble
but now the car is screaming to get lowered...:D
IMG_4709.jpg

IMG_4708.jpg

boomhauwer

Feb 21, 2009
Belgium
just went for a longer ride:to all the people with ecomotives, change the damn wheels! it's a whole new car! I even didn't hoped to get such a difference out of it.
next up:

-gearknob
-cupra rear roofspoiler, like that one slick has (only cost 110€ (non painted))

majesty78

Oct 6, 2008
Austria
If your looking for more power, you can take the turbo from Audi A2 90hp 1.4TDI, the boost valve N75, mapping and bigger nozzles.
Good for at least 125-130hp*g*

boomhauwer

Feb 21, 2009
Belgium
isn't 130hp overkill for such a small block?

question: how hard is it to convert the rear drum too discs... the fixation points for the calipers are allready there.

boomhauwer

Feb 21, 2009
Belgium
in belgium , we got 15% reduction on the the total price of the car(options included!) from the goverment because it is under 105gr/km, plus an extra reduction brought by the dealer and another 200€ reduction (from the belgium goverment again) because it has a DPF in it!
in total I got way over 20% on the total price. and that was before the crisis begun...

That's why i picked this car! why not a FR or cupra? insurance rates!i'm only 23...

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
I really like this car, the leather interior and wheels make it look fantastic.

I never realised the ecomotives were so well specced, with fog lights and climate control, or where those all extras?

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
ive got a standard 1.4TDI NOT Ecomotive and had it custom coded producing around 112bhp

ive read somewhere that the block is only good till 120bhp

boomhauwer

Feb 21, 2009
Belgium
I really like this car, the leather interior and wheels make it look fantastic.

I never realised the ecomotives were so well specced, with fog lights and climate control, or where those all extras?

No no, they all came in one pack!(pack cool or sound)

-mirrors and doorgrips in color
-foglights
-climatronic
-alana MP3 radio
-steering wheels with control buttons for the radio
-cruise control
-6 speakers

other options i chosed were the armrest, leather interiour, electric mirrors and side airbags (safety first ;) )
the interiour was done by DK schweizer, they have some sort of agreement in belgium with seat. Seat has a folder for all the models for leather interiours altough it's not officially a seat option...What they also did is they put some extra padding in the sides! love it!
You could choose between several interiour colours or combos, but I like to keep it clean. so i choosed the black perforated.
I also wanted a open roof, but that couldn't be done because of the extra weight, it wouldn't be eco enough :lol:
the only thing i forgot were xenon lights :censored:[:@]

this was the company who did it
http://www.dk-schweizer.com/dk_schweizer/aboutus.htm

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise