N75 Valve

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
Hi guys i been searching about this think i need a new 1 but whcih 1 should to go for people said they go for the J vavle, but people have said have problems with a revo map.

i have a revo remap and my boost peaks at 20 psi and never really settles just drops down after hitting 20.

which do you think i should go for?

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
Slight divert...ive got my remap done by RSD...any one know which one i should be using..ive currently F but thinking of changing to the J as having troubles overboosting

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
Will stick with current then. If the valve was faulty, would this show up on VAG COM as a N75 Valve error or would there be other symptons which would indicate the valve is buggered. When I took the valve out yesterday, i noticed oil on pipe(nipple) that goes in to the air intake pipe that comes from the induction kit..is there supposed to be oil on the pipe?

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
I had someone check it and was getting '+ deviation' something to do with over boosting. Errors that were being thrown up were temp sensor. So changed that. I met up with Leegt last weekend and plugged in his software and cleared any error codes and didnt return. Going to arrange another vagcom check with Lee when i get at a moment. But symptons are im getting about 10psi on the boost but it then settles on 5-7. Changed the Maff and DV is original but had someone try there DV and still no difference. Running just under 200bhp. Car was originally getting about 15 psi.

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
yep its been remapped.When i first brought the car, it was pushing about 15 psi, then all of a sudden, it just goes to 5-7. But whenever i restart the engine, it will push to about 10 and go back to 5-7... getting very frustrated!!!!!!!

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
anyone know about the oil on the N75 vavle nipple(pipe) that goes in to the air intake pipe from induction kit? should there be oil on it?

cheers

wazo

Oct 13, 2003
lincoln
Visit site
has anyone been playing with the actuator arm sounds like the problem i had a while back where the little nut had moved on the am i thought it was other things like you do but if the actuator has broken or as moved even by one thread it will go into limp mode as soon as you hit 4k revs

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
i doubt it, when I first got the car, it was working fine then a month later all of a sudden...stopped! and i havnt touched the arm at all.

Now im getting

17965 charge pressure control posistive deviation P1557 35:00

When i Clear the log, i get 10 psi and holds at 10 for a very short time then drops to 5....plug vag com in again, and error comes again.Im going to check requested boost vs actual boost later this week.
As for the actuator arm, how easy is it to adjust...which way should I turn it and is it a simple spanner turning a nut job.

wazo

Oct 13, 2003
lincoln
Visit site
it was only a suggestion but if you havent touched the arm leave it have you checked for boost leaks in the vacuum hoses/ boost pipes what car is i any way

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
will leave well alone then. Ive havnt had a chance to check the pipes properly, but ive checked the DV pipe that comes off the top nipple and thats fine and a few around the N75. Im going to start replacing some of the piping with 3mm bore samco hosing. Check the intercoller pipe that comes to the top and no leak there....just a note that i car has taken a few hits from underneath as i didnt realise how low it was and it doesnt like ditches. Its an ibiza cupra. I read a thread on hair from cupraTgirl and had same problems and hers was a split pipe.