N75 valve

kilobrown

Leon cupra R
Apr 17, 2007
west- lothian scotland
ok this is going too sound realy stupid but what does the N75 valve actualy do as mine has snapped off where it joins on too the T.I.P, doesnt seam to be much of a differnce although i havent been driving it much :confused:
Have ordered a new one just waiting on it comming from the stealers but just wondering what it does or if i should realy be driving it at all????
kev

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
The N75 controls the operation of the wastegate actuator. The wastegate is the exhaust side equivalent of the dv and when it opens allows exhaust gasses to effectively bypass the turbo.

If the wastegate is permanently shut because your N75 is not functioning correctly I'd have thought there is the possibilty of the turbo over revving and becoming damaged but perhaps somebody with a better understanding than myself can confirm?

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
In what way has it snapped at the TIP? The N75 has snapped or the rubber pipe coming off the TIP has become sheared off?

B3LSY

yes u do need it as you may be getting over boost,as mine may be faulty as my car is playing up

kilobrown

Leon cupra R
Apr 17, 2007
west- lothian scotland
the plastic end piece of the N75 that goes it to the silicon tip has sheared off everything else looks ok.
car only ever boosted too 1.2 bar at the best of times a thought this was rather low for a remaped LCR anybody agree :confused:

kilobrown

Leon cupra R
Apr 17, 2007
west- lothian scotland
thats actualy what it peaks at D.K holds 1.1 dropping off to around 0.8-0.9 a thought it was rather low myself as heard of peoples holding 1.2-1.3 bar and peaking around 1.5 bar, maybe been a problem with the N75 valve all the time a had it remapped??
when a had it on vag-com it came up intermitting maf sensor but i changed that and never seen any differnce :think:

kilobrown

Leon cupra R
Apr 17, 2007
west- lothian scotland
decat, bmc-cda airfilter, forge 007, silicon Tip, and remaped at starperformance, a had a look at the hoses and cant realy see any problems withe them or am i maybe not looking hard enough ???
A realy am stuck.............

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Check the pipe that goes from the bottom of the N75 to the top of the charge pipe, Mine split where it meet the charge pipe.
I have heard of the BMC CDA's being restrictive this might hold your boost down.

Replace the N75 and then see what it does.

rikwheeler

Apr 23, 2006
Lincoln
www.rikwheeler.com
Check the pipe that goes from the bottom of the N75 to the top of the charge pipe, Mine split where it meet the charge pipe.
I have heard of the BMC CDA's being restrictive this might hold your boost down.

Replace the N75 and then see what it does.

Can this hose be relocated to go from the N75 valve to the inlet manifold instead?
Was thinking about T piecing it to the FPR hose.
I'm getting the DV cold side relocation kit so if I could relocate the other hose as well then I could blank both holes up on the charge pipe

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
Can this hose be relocated to go from the N75 valve to the inlet manifold instead?
Was thinking about T piecing it to the FPR hose.
I'm getting the DV cold side relocation kit so if I could relocate the other hose as well then I could blank both holes up on the charge pipe

The hose is a different ID I think.

rikwheeler

Apr 23, 2006
Lincoln
www.rikwheeler.com
Haven't taken the N75 valve off to check but would a 4mm hose fit on the valve instead of the 8mm one?
If I get the correct hose though would it be alright to connect it to the inlet manifold instead of the charge pipe?

Last edited:

kilobrown

Leon cupra R
Apr 17, 2007
west- lothian scotland
ok to update this got the new valve today fitted and checked all hoses everything looks ok no signs of splits or cracks took a short drive and still only seams to boost to 1.2 bar max and holding 1.1 bar :confused:
could it possibly be the way the car has been mapped as i dont get a sudden burst of boost more of a constant power delivery???

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.