Nav commands

garyevs

Aug 28, 2015
I have just bought a FR 2.0 184 with tech pack, and I have a question that I hope someone can help with, the instruction manual being rubbish :)

I cannot get voice commands active on the NAV system.

The volume of the nav commands are set to a mid-level through the setup menu and I can hear the test command from there, but there are no commands when using a route.

Any ideas ?

Cheers

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I have just bought a FR 2.0 184 with tech pack, and I have a question that I hope someone can help with, the instruction manual being rubbish :)

I cannot get voice commands active on the NAV system.

The volume of the nav commands are set to a mid-level through the setup menu and I can hear the test command from there, but there are no commands when using a route.

Any ideas ?

Cheers

Some phones keep the coms channel open with the media system.

Go in to the nav setup screen and untick the box that says "no announcements during call"

garyevs

Aug 28, 2015
Some phones keep the coms channel open with the media system.

Go in to the nav setup screen and untick the box that says "no announcements during call"

Tried this tonight and she still doesn't want to talk to me :(

Looks like a trip back to the dealer then....

StylancePaul

CUPRA Owner
May 31, 2006
Cambridge, UK
Tried this tonight and she still doesn't want to talk to me :(

Looks like a trip back to the dealer then....

I had something similar the other day, this must be a software bug. To get it to work on the journey I had to do the following:

Voice Control "Navigation announcements off"
then
Voice Control "Navigation announcements on"
then
Cancel the route guidance, and start again.

In fairness, last time I used it i turned them off as I wanted to talk to my passenger and roughly knew where I was going anyway, but for them not to come back on as I'd expect was a bit annoying.

garyevs

Aug 28, 2015
I have tried clearing the phone channel and played with the 'stop' 'start' nav thing, but can't get the voice commands to work at all.

Can anyone confirm that I should be getting voice nav commands, before I go back to the dealer?

Thanks

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.