Navigation System High now on October Price List

sven7

Apr 19, 2004
North West
Hi,

I should stop looking at the SEAT website now I've ordered my car but I've noticed on the SEAT October Price List there is now the option of the Navigation System High available, which on the website includes:

Navigation System High (includes SEAT Sound System):
– Super high resolution 6.5" colour touch screen
– Digital Audio Broadcasting (DAB) digital radio
– Dynamic route guidance with 3D map display and 3D emblematic buildings
– Voice control
– SMS messaging
– 10gb Jukebox, picture and video viewer
CUPRA 280 and X-PERIENCE SE Technology have Navigation System as standard

For the SE / FR model it costs £1,525 (or £930 for the Cupra 280 and X-PERIENCE
SE Technology).

Presumably it is the same screen which is in the VW Golf and other VAG ranges? Is the quality and clarity of this screen noticeably better than the 5.8" version?

I'm wondering whilst the Technology Pack Offer is on whether or not there there will be some extra discount available for the upgrade. At present SEAT Customer Services didn't have the answer. I'm not sure I want to know!

RedBarchetta

Oct 28, 2014
I just ordered the X-perience SE Technology yesterday and the 5.8" sat nav was included but the 6.5" wasn't an option (it wasn't on the website and the dealer certainly didn't mention it).

sven7

Apr 19, 2004
North West
I just ordered the X-perience SE Technology yesterday and the 5.8" sat nav was included but the 6.5" wasn't an option (it wasn't on the website and the dealer certainly didn't mention it).

It doesn't surprise me. I spoke to the dealer today and they didn't know much about it. It seems like dealers get no heads up of updates to the SEAT website.

It's probably too late for me to even amend my order as my delivery is expected November, but I would have been interested to see what SEAT would do regarding pricing.

I had something similar with the FR Dynamic Pack. I had £405 knocked off the price as it included the media system plus which was included free with the Technology Pack.

You should have the option to amend your order if it was only placed yesterday. I tweaked my order a month after the original date with no issues.

RedBarchetta

Oct 28, 2014
I'm probably going to just leave it be. My wife vetoed the Seat sound system anyway so unlikely will be able to get this one by her either.

kmanmx

Jan 21, 2013
Oh man. I was really hoping they wouldn't add a new and improved screen/navi system as an option.

I wonder if I can adjust my order with the lease company. Though the additional cost may put me off. :confused:

marjohn56

May 31, 2014
London
I'm probably going to just leave it be. My wife vetoed the Seat sound system anyway so unlikely will be able to get this one by her either.

SWMBO did the same to me. Got away with the winter pack and comfort pack, oh and the spare wheel, but a NO to the sound system and 18" wheels.:(

kmanmx

Jan 21, 2013
Wonder when the configurator will be updated?

I tried it about an hour ago and could specify it on the Cupra. I went to do it again 10 minutes later and the option had disappeared. Not sure if I am going wrong some where or SEAT are playing games.

RedBarchetta

Oct 28, 2014
SWMBO did the same to me. Got away with the winter pack and comfort pack, oh and the spare wheel, but a NO to the sound system and 18" wheels.:(

At least you were able to get the winter pack! I didn't yet I know who will be first to complain about the cold seats.

garreth64

Oct 24, 2014
Noted this with interest, as one of the things I'm not that keen on is the 5.8 inch screen. It seems a bit strange to introduce a 6.5 inch screen though, only 0.8 bigger. The larger screen in the Golf is 8" I believe. Would really need to see it in the flesh to see if it is worth it.

I also noticed a few other things in the new brochure:

Alor Blue now seems to be available for the Cupra

The space saver wheel is now standard

The above means that the Seat Sound is now only £255

There is an electric drivers seat option for £290

The above seems compulsory on the 5 door with leather which is now £1055

kmanmx

Jan 21, 2013
Noted this with interest, as one of the things I'm not that keen on is the 5.8 inch screen. It seems a bit strange to introduce a 6.5 inch screen though, only 0.8 bigger. The larger screen in the Golf is 8" I believe. Would really need to see it in the flesh to see if it is worth it.

I also noticed a few other things in the new brochure:

Alor Blue now seems to be available for the Cupra

The space saver wheel is now standard

The above means that the Seat Sound is now only £255

There is an electric drivers seat option for £290

The above seems compulsory on the 5 door with leather which is now £1055

Does this mean anyone who has ordered a 5dr with leather now gets an electric drivers seat if there car is yet to be built ? I ordered back in September but car won't be built till January.

Last edited:

TMO

Feb 15, 2008
Stafford, Staffs
Arg typical, I hate the size of the 5.8 screen its too small, even the one in my old octavia was bigger. Bet it costs a bomb to buy separately too.

RedBarchetta

Oct 28, 2014
I just noticed the navigation system high is the one being featured on Seat's X-perience web page, but the brochure only mentions the 5.8" as standard for the SE Technology, with no option for the high. Will have to investigate.

Last edited:

Jack161

Mar 18, 2012
Oh man, probably would have gone for this, although if it's over £1k just for a bigger screen then probably not!

I ordered end of Sept - it's probably too late now anyway.

dannyg1234

May 19, 2014
Now available

Hello all,

After reading this post I went to the car configurator and the option for the High Nav Unit is available for all Leon models by the looks of it. It looks like a price of £1450. You have to get the 18" spare wheel to accomodate the sub.
Apart from being a bit bigger and having a 10gb HDD and some new option called eco mapper (which changes the screen colour in that display to show where fuel could be saved I think) is this unit going to offer much else? It looks like it may have option to play video??

Danny

ChrisG

Apr 22, 2002
Hants
Just playing with configurator looking at the Nav High option and i dont think the configurator takes the free tech pack into consideration. There's an option for "Technology Pack -£855" but if you select that it then forces you to select the individual components that make up the tech pack which adds about £1500 to the price shown! The reason i wanted to add it is because the nav high option basically includes/upgrades 2 of the 3 components that make up the tech pack (Nav and DAB) so paying an additional £1425 just for a better specced Nav seems silly expensive when the regular nav is normally £900 and you're getting that free. If the nav high added £5-600 to a tech pack equipped car (remove standard nav price, add high nav price) then it might be worth considering but if its the full £1425 then its a huge price to pay

Last edited:

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
The configurator needs some work, it lets you add multiple options where you shouldn't be able to. In fact, I just had a play and managed to spec a leon Cupra with every option available, came out well over £50k!!!

Do like the look of the high res NAV, but seems quite expensive over the standard one that gets chucked in free.

sven7

Apr 19, 2004
North West
The SEAT configurator is well out of date and is frustrating that it's not been updated, I mentioned it to SEAT Customer Service over 3 months ago when I ordered my car. It didn't let me have the technology pack and the FR Dynamic Chassis Control pack as there was a conflict with the media system plus.

In terms of discount - I raised the question to SEAT Customer Service (it was escalated to level 2) about whether there was discount to be gained if upgrading to the NAV System High as you wouldn't benefit from the full Tech Pack offer but there was nothing to be had. Prices were as per price list.

It's funny as the same approach didn't apply to the FR Dynamic Chassis Control. SEAT agreed to discount the pack by the price of the media system plus as there was a duplication.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise