Need 2 new front tyres. Are these suitable?

smithygcupra

Cymru am Byth
May 25, 2008
Newport
Very good tyre there mate... god price too.... alot go for the falken f452's..... there on the same website for aound 80notes ....

erichuyn

Dec 25, 2005
Netherlands
Hmm, what kind of HP are we talking about.
Had the FK452 on my chipped 1.9TDI, reasonable in the dry/rubbish in the wet. No wheel protection at all.
If you're looking to spend that kind of money, go for the new Goodyear F1 assymetrical.
about 6,- more expensive and a way better tyre.

Agree about the Goodyear F1 Asymmetric....much better tyre than the GS-D3 and well worth the £6 extra. I replaced GS-D3's on my old Cupra TDI with Michelin PS2's which were a noticeable improvement. I've replaced PS2's with Asymmetrics on my other car and they were at least as good in terms of overall performance as the PS2's. I will be putting Asymmertrics on my FR when the Bridgestones need replacing.

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
Not sure what VSB means but BSW means black side wall. Camskill is cheaper than mytyres at the moment for the Goodyear F1 GSD3 and the F1 Asymmetric, might be worth a look. As mentioned above if you can afford it the Asymmetric is the better tyre as it replaces the older GSD3.

rudgey

Mk2 Leon TFSI Sport '06
Jul 2, 2008
near Midland VW ;)
Cheers guys got my F1's fitted today for a tenner more than faffing around and waiting for delivery at a garage i'm friendly with! Car feels loads better than with my shafted p-nero rossos!!!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.