need advice on suspension

weejim

Oct 31, 2009
west lothian
need some advise people just got 18s fitted to ma car the day(mk2 leon) its sitting in the clouds noo :lol: been looking at eiback spring kits dont know whether to go for the sportline or the pro kit,wat do u think would b the better option for me :think::think::think:

paulfs

Nov 10, 2009
New Forest, HANTS
been having the same dilemma - if you want low n aggressive go for sports - if, like me, you just fancy a 35mm drop & all round performance go for the pros.

lcrboy

Dec 31, 2007
scotland
go for sportlines, dont bother with pros u will regret it! just dropped my k1 on sportlines looks awesome and ride quality is fannytastic.....

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Dont want to sound like a d!ck but theres been like 10 threads asking the exact same question lately ;). The outcome is always sportlines.

deputy-dog

I just fitted a set of sportlines and having lived with them for a week and having driven through the country side this weekend with 4 people and luggage in the car I have had absolutely no problems at all. They give the car a great stance, I was in the dilema of which springs to go for but am now very happy with my choice.

FR_Flavoured

^ YET ANOTHER Thread on the Eibach Pro or Sportline debate, and YET ANOTHER plug by Mr DPM :D

(Only kidding). I will go for the Sportlines but wish I was a little closer to you so I could buy and collect. What I also find frustrating is then paying an extra £150 to get them fitted !! :(

^ YET ANOTHER Thread on the Eibach Pro or Sportline debate, and YET ANOTHER plug by Mr DPM :D

(Only kidding). I will go for the Sportlines but wish I was a little closer to you so I could buy and collect. What I also find frustrating is then paying an extra £150 to get them fitted !! :(

can't remember damian's delivery cost being anything excessive?pretty sure it was under a tenner, they're a pretty hefty item to post too!

FR_Flavoured

Yes I know they are, infact I had a set of lowering springs delivered for my (previous) Mk4 Ibiza, and the box/packaging was quite hefty !

I think I can handle postage, geographically it might have been better if I was closer as then I could also have the suspension fitted at DPM Performance - But, checking their website they dont appear to have an onsite garage / fitting service.

Damian, do you have any further recommendations for air intake?
On my FR (TDi PD170) I was wondering what I might be able to do to help the engine breathe more efficiently?
At the moment the engine bay is totally standard. Or, do you have any OTHER feedback on the best "tweeks" to start out with (or perhaps just go straight for a Remap?).

Last edited by a moderator:

jrsmooth

Jan 6, 2009
Derby(ish)
Damian, do you have any further recommendations for air intake?
On my FR (TDi PD170) I was wondering what I might be able to do to help the engine breathe more efficiently?
At the moment the engine bay is totally standard. Or, do you have any OTHER feedback on the best "tweeks" to start out with (or perhaps just go straight for a Remap?).

Apparently an uprated intake is a waste of money on the PD170. Just get an uprated filter, such as K&N or a GreenCotton. Thats my understanding anyway!

ares

Jun 28, 2008
Greece, Athens
I would suggest to upgrade your anti-roll bars before upgrading your springs and/or suspension. You cannot imagine what different it makes but trust me - it would feel a different car.

weejim

Oct 31, 2009
west lothian
well took ur advice got the sportlines and fitted them yest, makes a hell of a difference and looks the dogs daggly bits, now all i need 2 do is buy a garage as it wont go back in... too low noo :lol::lol::lol:

FR_Flavoured

Damian, thankyou for your feedback, appreciated as always. Will definately look into that panel filter.
Does this also "enhance" the sound, as its sucking that air in, much like an induction kit ?
Would I also have to lose the engine cover?

weejim - Congrats on the new Sportlines!! :) However, thats quite an issue really, not being able to get your car back in your garage, just cos you've fitted some sportlines!? Reports back about these so far are that they have no issues with the lower ride height, and have no problems in a multi-storey car park or over speedbumps!?

rikwandi

Mar 9, 2010
The Hague, Holland
Excuse for yet another question of suspension, but when you guys saying "sportlines/pro" does it mean the whole set (dampers and springs) or only springs?
I asked tuning shop that sportlines springs combined with standard dampers is not a good idea as it will shortened the life of standard dampers pretty quickly. Even though I know some people here has that combination and no problem at all until now.

Enlight me pls :confused:

Thanks. :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.