need advice on suspension

FR_Flavoured

Thats great, cheers! Helping the engine breathe is obviously a major plus. Plus keeping engine cover.
Do you have any recommendations as to the best product to go for that you stock (Mk2 PD170 TDi) ?

................does it also come with fitting instructions! ??? :D :rolleyes:

FR_Flavoured

rikwandi - No, the Eibach Pro or Sportline Kit does only provide you with the lowering Springs.

Your stock dampers usually are fine with the Pro kit, but as the Sportlines sit even lower, sometimes some owners find their shocks start to perish and leak after a while (while others have reported no issues!). Down to luck tbh.

There is the argument that if you get the Sportline srpings, then later down the line also need a replacement set of Shocks, you are close to Coilover Kit money!! Therefore, just get a coilover kit now for an even greater setup (gives you adjustable ride height & rebound). But some might even claim a coilover kit for road use is overkill !

Personally, Im opting for the Sportlines anyway. If my shocks start leaking in 6 months time, I will just upgrade those at that time, if it comes down to it.

At the end of the day, its your car and your money, so do what you feel is right... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
What about the JOM coiler suspension kit. At £315 from DPM doesnt this give you the best of both worlds?

I know personally in cloud cuckoo land I'd like the KW variant 3 coilover kit with not much change out of £1300 but is there really a great deal of difference noticeable between kits.

Do you really get an extra grands worth of handling, adjustability, ride quality?

Just curious!

rikwandi

Mar 9, 2010
The Hague, Holland
rikwandi - No, the Eibach Pro or Sportline Kit does only provide you with the lowering Springs.

Your stock dampers usually are fine with the Pro kit, but as the Sportlines sit even lower, sometimes some owners find their shocks start to perish and leak after a while (while others have reported no issues!). Down to luck tbh.

There is the argument that if you get the Sportline srpings, then later down the line also need a replacement set of Shocks, you are close to Coilover Kit money!! Therefore, just get a coilover kit now for an even greater setup (gives you adjustable ride height & rebound). But some might even claim a coilover kit for road use is overkill !

Personally, Im opting for the Sportlines anyway. If my shocks start leaking in 6 months time, I will just upgrade those at that time, if it comes down to it.

Cheers mate for this extensive explanation :D
I will probably go for the pro line springs as I am not able to change the dampers as well (considering the limited budget atm) this year. I would not dare to take the chance by going to sportlines if lets say in 6 months time my stock dampers start to show some problems. Afterall, mine is a 4 year old Leon anyway, her dampers are aging...I will just take the safest route I guess....

At the end of the day, its your car and your money, so do what you feel is right...;)

Well in my case, at the end of the day, its my car and no money....:doh: :D
Thanks once again, mate...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.