Need advice

D--R--E--W

Mar 18, 2010
West Lothian
My car is booked in for tomorrow to have a cat back system done, will a 2.5" inch from the cat back be a better improvement on standard as i dont know what the standard exhaust diameter is?

It so far has a forge fmic, forge DV, green cotton filter,k03s turbo and is stage1 mapped by REVO.

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
standard is 2" why not go for a full system then you can have a full 2.5" system. a 2.5" cat back may have a little improvement over the standard also have it made without the centre box sounds sweet cut the centre box off my miltek we now get the odd pop and bang:D

D--R--E--W

Mar 18, 2010
West Lothian
Yeah mate its not getting a silencer just 2.5" cat back with a 6x4 oval tailpipe at a slight slash cut.

Do you think it will mess up the map it has by putting the new exhaust on

Mine already gives the odd bang aswell but only started doing it since fitting the forge dv for some reason

D--R--E--W

Mar 18, 2010
West Lothian
Not sure if it has a bigger one to accomodate the k03s or not, still learning about all this stuff.

Was planning on getting the 3" downpipe with the decent sport-cat. then 4bar fpr and hopefully that would be enough to get the stage 2. would be looking for around 230-240bhp off that...

Do you think that is possible and what kind of cat should i get?

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
2.5" is ok, when i had my downpipe/sports cat i was told that a 3" is best if are planning over the 300 bhp mark so if i where you drew stick to a 2.5" downpipe with 200 cell sportscat. if you go down the 300 bhp route the down pipe would have to changed any way usless you have a k03 hybrided