Need Cupra R info

wwjm123456

im thinkin about buying a LCR again has an 04 plate now thinkin on buying a 52 plate (210model) can ppl tell me what the differences will be? im aware diff power and steering wheel but is there more? also it doesnt hav fog lights :S how easy is it to wire these up, my wee bro works in volkswagen parts and says its a big job :S one last thing the car was remapped but now back to stock i heard i can take it back to revo outlet and its just a matter of turning it back on coz they just turn it off or is that a lot of tosh and i need to pay full price again sorry for the essay lol cheers wullie

Skrikin

Are you sure it's an LCR as thought they all had Fogs i've got an 03 LCR 210bhp and it's got fogs????? Maybe it's a LC

wwjm123456

cheers ppl il need to ask why his doesnt hav fogs :( thot it was a bit strange, also will the remap defo be there if the ecu has been flashed back?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Yer as m0rk says a lot of people removed their fogs to give extra cooling channels to the intercoolers.

They should of at least left them in the car though for the new buyer. :p

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
They're certainly not cheap - £70, IIRC. At least the wiring will already be there...

Most people left the normal grills in, but there was one guy I remember that replaced the grills completely - Scottish member.

If it was Revo'd it is likely to have just been turned off, a trip to a dealer or a friendly local with an SPS device can turn it on for you. Dealer might charge though, but it would be worth it if they run some diagnostics at the same time.

wwjm123456

what is this SPS device people are going opn about? any links to it :)

FLK

May 14, 2005
UK, Staffordshire
You get it with Revo, basically it allows you to switch between the factory map and the Revo map. It plugs into the car's serial diagnostics port.

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
They're certainly not cheap - £70, IIRC. At least the wiring will already be there...

Most people left the normal grills in, but there was one guy I remember that replaced the grills completely - Scottish member.

If it was Revo'd it is likely to have just been turned off, a trip to a dealer or a friendly local with an SPS device can turn it on for you. Dealer might charge though, but it would be worth it if they run some diagnostics at the same time.

Hi Feel,
I have been thinking about removing the fogs to get more air to the intercoolers, do you know what grills he replaced the stock ones with?

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I was black painted mesh. I can't quite remember if he cut the OE mesh out to leave a surround to allow it to clip in.

It was LeoLionR or Yin, if you fancy a search.

When I took mine out, I just meshed the back of the holes.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise