New 03 Leon cupra and chuffed!

cheekyboy_123

Hello all

Been looking for a Leon Cupra for some time. Finally found one 200 miles north of my house...Price was right, mileage good (41k), and it was a minter! so i went for it!

Have some questions though..

Its now done 41k with an indie servicing at 36k back in Feb...

1 - would you recommend at least an oil change (seems clean enough)..

2 - Would recommend a cambelt change

3 - Would you recommend a 40k service (even though the plugs, pollen and air/oil filter were changed at 36k)...

I love the aggresive look of the Leon as opposed to the A3 1.8 T i had before..
I also had fun driving the beast home too!

Thanks and regards.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
Good choice matey, definately get the waterpump and timing belt done, you might as well do the oil for peace of mind too.

Cupraloon

Just had a lookin my (20vt) service book, and your cam belt doesn't need doing till 60k, and shouldn't unless your doing silly miles require another oil change till Feb 08... judgeing by the mileage it's been doing average milage.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
Timing belts are funny items, if the car has been parked up for any amount of time or is stored in a damp location it can be prone to aging quicker and snapping. My old 16v snapped two belts , the first after 44k and the second after 45.5k. Tell me they always last 60k+. Ive changed my cupra belt and pump at 49k and the belt that came off wasnt exactly minty fresh.

cheekyboy_123

Thanks for reponses guys - much appreciated!

I went out for a spin (well i had to pick up the Mrs from London) and got quite a few admiring looks which is always good.
I must admit i did spend 3 hours washing and waxing (incl a layer of carnuba wax) earlier. Car is gleaming. I've had a A3 1.8 T and a MK4 Golf 1.8 T, but this feels a little special. Probably because their not so common and this looks far more aggressive!

I have encountered one small issue though. When pulling away very slowly from the lights, occassionally in 1st and 2nd the car moves off as it should then holds back for a 1/4 of a sec then pulls off normally. Doesn't always happen but i'm not sure if this a common issue? If a pull off a little faster - no problems. I'll be using the car to get to work every day so sitting traffic is gonna be a daily thing.

Does this sound familiar? Is there anything i should check for?

I'll try and post some pics tomorrow..

Thanks again!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Does the car hesitate all the time? If it does take it to a dealer and get them to do a vagcom diagnoses on it. As moff said they have been known to do that with the ko3s turbo HOWEVER it also could be down to heat at the moment!

I am not complaining though soaking in the weather :)

cheekyboy_123

No not all the time..Not sure if it is the weather as it was cool in the evening yesterday...If it persisits, i'll get a vagcom diagnosis..Nothing to worry too much about at the moment..

I think the plan of action is get a mini service on the car - oil/air/pollen filters, sparks stuff i'll do myself..Then at around 50k, get the cambelt done...

Appreciate the advice guys.
Nice to know theres help on hand!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise