NEW 2019 Curpa 290 ez.. No DSG bangs or pop whatsoever!

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
Finally got round to removing the boot mat and parcel shelf... what a different it makes, sounds like a different car!! Boot Mat and shelf are staying in the garage now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: willygoncray

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
my new 290 is now on 4k miles and I'm getting some seriously loud DSG farts on hard acceleration from 2nd to 3rd gear. some of the pops on the over run are seriously loud aswell. iv ordered the Zaustworx res delete pipe so hopefully this opens it up even more

Cuprasully

Nov 13, 2018
my new 290 is now on 4k miles and I'm getting some seriously loud DSG farts on hard acceleration from 2nd to 3rd gear. some of the pops on the over run are seriously loud aswell. iv ordered the Zaustworx res delete pipe so hopefully this opens it up even more
Mines the same.. just gone past 4500miles and its opened up a bit more, the dsg bangs are pretty loud when you knock the gearbox into S and floor it but its still got nothing on the cupra 300 i had before..you could dsg bang ‘on demand’ in that. Please try and get a video up of the exhaust once you have the res delete fitted. Really want to get it done just want to see if its louder then a standard 300 and is worth doing.

bigup

Mar 25, 2019
Manchester

the Zaustworx looks like a bargain!

as with the others, i assume you can refit the Res on at a later date?

futurelogic

Sep 15, 2011
My Cupra has less than 1,000km and, in Cupra mode with gearbox in 'S', it pops and crackles more than the Golf R it replaced. No fart when changing gear like the R used to, but I haven't fully pushed it on yet.

Reactions: bigup

cupraboss

Dec 27, 2015
My Cupra has less than 1,000km and, in Cupra mode with gearbox in 'S', it pops and crackles more than the Golf R it replaced. No fart when changing gear like the R used to, but I haven't fully pushed it on yet.

How would you compare it with your golf r? Are you not missing AWD?

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
Mines the same.. just gone past 4500miles and its opened up a bit more, the dsg bangs are pretty loud when you knock the gearbox into S and floor it but its still got nothing on the cupra 300 i had before..you could dsg bang ‘on demand’ in that. Please try and get a video up of the exhaust once you have the res delete fitted. Really want to get it done just want to see if its louder then a standard 300 and is worth doing.
the Zaustworx looks like a bargain!

as with the others, i assume you can refit the Res on at a later date?

yeah i will look at getting some videos up asap, its going in tomorrow.

yes it will be clamped at both ends

Reactions: bigup

futurelogic

Sep 15, 2011
How would you compare it with your golf r? Are you not missing AWD?
I only have the Cupra for a week, and, so far I prefer the Cupra. I do miss some of the equiptment the Golf had like reversing camera though. (Car was in stock and front fancy waiting for a factory order) Haven't missed AWD yet, but, as I said, I haven't really pushed the car on yet.

bigup

Mar 25, 2019
Manchester
I got quoted £85 fitted - bargain IMO!
Got the same but they don’t open Saturdays which is a shame. They said it’s not a big job anyway so could fit me in at a good time that’ suits me.

Almost tempted to try the the install my self, watching videos it looks very easy.

Jul 19, 2019
Hope this may help, this is the method I did to unplug mine.

Top left (driver side) you’ll see the sound Aktor behind the black plastic mesh.
1, Remove the foam 1st
2, Remove the Plastic plug as in pic this will release the black plastic mesh I then wedge the plastic mesh up enough to reach the cable plug.

Hopefully this will help you unless you’ve got man size finger unlike my girly hands haha.

Job done!

d37d395f41e99b4105b22dc4d99ab5f8.jpg
7cb00ee843a7e6600b2b7e0dbaad4f2c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, how do u unplug the plastic plug behind the mesh...had a go last night but couldn't get the plug out. Just about got my hand through the gap but had no luck.

Jan 12, 2019
Hi guys coming up to a year having the cupra 290 ez lux and I need some more noise can anyone point me in the cheapest/best direction for this model I don't mind traveling thanks

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
cheapest way would be be a Zaustworx res delete pipe, I paid £65 for mine and £20 for a garage to fit it. best cheap mod i think you can do
I haven’t got my car yet and have only seen pictures of the exhaust.

does the mod require the exhaust to be cut and welded at any point or can it be clamped/screwed in place? Thinking for ease of reverting the mod if you felt it was too loud.

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
I haven’t got my car yet and have only seen pictures of the exhaust.

does the mod require the exhaust to be cut and welded at any point or can it be clamped/screwed in place? Thinking for ease of reverting the mod if you felt it was too loud.
one end of the original exhaust needs cut the other is already clamped. when i got mine fitted the workshop clamped both ends so i can replace resonator come hand back time

Jan 18, 2020
Iv got 68 plate 290 dsg 7 speed etc and the Same no pops and bangs or farts on the up shift... or over run ... only when the car is hot 106 degrees she starts popping but only very quiet. I’m wondering if by having a res delete it will change????

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise