New Actuator or just spring?

NottsLCR

May 14, 2008
Nottingham
The spring on my K04 Actuator is failing at the top end. Anyone know where I could get a new one from?

I know Forge do them but unsure if these are direct replacements for standard or just for Forge’s Actuator.

A spring from Forge is only £12, but if there is a good benefit to changing to a new Actuator at £110 then can some give me the benefits?

Also how hard would it be to replace the spring and the whole unit? Is it a job for a ‘professional’ or could I do this with just me and my tools?

Cheers

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
The spring on my K04 Actuator is failing at the top end. Anyone know where I could get a new one from?

I know Forge do them but unsure if these are direct replacements for standard or just for Forge’s Actuator.

A spring from Forge is only £12, but if there is a good benefit to changing to a new Actuator at £110 then can some give me the benefits?

Also how hard would it be to replace the spring and the whole unit? Is it a job for a ‘professional’ or could I do this with just me and my tools?

Cheers
The stock actuator is not serviceable. The forge actuator is a direct replacement but i would recommend professional fitting and a green spring on a stock turbo. I'm not sure i agree with your diagnosis though, try putting two extra turns (nuts) on your current actuator to increase spring pressure slightly.

NottsLCR

May 14, 2008
Nottingham
Cheers Willy, It was Will at P- Torque that said my spring was on its way out when he changed my stage 2 map on monday due to it not quite holding boost at top end.
I'll see if I can do as you suggest and see if it helps.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise