New alloy wheel needed due to the weather

Ibiza 09

Can anyone help:

I slid across the road today in the back streets, due to the weather and i had no steering and this caused me to hit the kerb, on the downside i scuffed the front drivers side alloy wheel. It looks a mess can anyone tell me how much it would cost for a single new alloy and the fitting cost i would imagine I would have to get it from the dealer.

The alloy I require is a 16" sonda £140 for all 4, but I only require the one could anyone help with both the costs. I would need it too be in the worcester area, but if your from other areas your advice is welcome.

Thanks the cheaper the better but it must look like its always been there

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
4 x 16" wheels for £140 blimey that's cheap, you sure thats not each ?

Ibiza 09

could be and my sister says that they are 17" but according to the seat car config they dont do a 17" in the alloys i have

John33

Oct 12, 2009
Earth
I'm not sure what ones we had on our 1.6 Sport 5 door but they were 16 inch - 5 good ones in a scrap yard but not sure were right now but the insurance company may know me thinks. Currently we have just done a SORN with DVLA so need to check what the situation is with it.

Last edited:

Ibiza 09

are scrapyards likely to have my type of alloy wheel in stock or would it be just by chance

Ibiza 09

ill just make a few calls and a few visits to places and see, its worth a try but the car hasnt been about that long for them to start having them. Ill wait till the summer on scrappy's and then see whats the best deal a dealership can do for me

Ibiza 09

has anyone had there alloys refurbed, if so is it too a good standard

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I am sure if you shop around for refurbers you can fnd a reputable one. Should be about 50 quid a wheel to refurb, much cheaper than getting new ones and generally you can't notice the refurb.

Jordan81

Did the same a few months back to the front offside wheel on my SC. I have the 17inch alloys and got it refurbished for £86 all in, they did a fantastic job as well looks like new. Was via my local Seat dealer (Emmer Green Seat of Reading), although they got it done by a third party. It's probably worth asking your local Seat dealer if they can offer something similar, unfortunately it looks like my dealer is a fair way from you.

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
you are looking at about £200.00 per wheel, if you upgrade from a 15" to 16" you only pay about a £140 for the set as you have paid for wheel already my dealer told me a standard 17" was about £240.00. That my seem a lot but my fathers vw 17" replacement with fitting and vat was a little under £400.00. told him he was mad as when i had my golf I only paid £400.00 for 4 wheels 18" alloys with budget tyers audi S6 look a like including wheel bolts
go for a refurb £86.00 all in much better. Look in yellow pages most body shops now offer wheel refurb

Last edited:

Ibiza 09

found a company just of juction 9 of the m5 not far from me which do minor damage (refurb's) from £35 might go down friday (weather dependent) and get them to give me a propper qoute. Ive read there customer reviews and they say there really good

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Priced up a Boca wheel today, £245 plus VAT for one wheel, so chaps mind them curbs..lol

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
This is why the brake upgrade is pretty expensive. You get a full sized spare alloy on top of the AP racing caliper and blinged up red rear calipers. :)

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Looks like i'll be doing the refurb route too.

Scuffed the rim of my front passenger rim turning round on a hill in the ice/snow tuesday morning.

It's hardly noticeable as it is only the very edge of the rim, about 1-1.5" long so it's not pressing but i was a bit gutted when the car stopped. I'd bee lucky uptil then that all the other kerbs i'd hit had been snow covered so they cushioned the rim. :-(

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.