New arrival

JimmiNai

Nov 29, 2016
So my new Cupra 290 arrived 2 days ago, with all of 100 delivery miles on the clock.

It's dynamic grey, black line, leather, with a sunroof and the seat sound system, will get a pic up when I'm allowed, although photos don't do the dynamic grey justice!

I've filled her up with a tank of Tesco momentum and keeping the lead foot in check while it's still in its early miles!

I previously had a 4 year old Mk2 Cupra, and oh my what a difference! Big grins all round so far even if I've only clocked 80 miles in it, roll on the drive home for Christmas!

Loving the full link system, with Spotify working a treat, and I'm definitely glad I went for the seat sound upgrade.

Will do a proper review once I'm out of the bedding in period! But it's all good so far :lol::D:lol::D

CUPRAB

Sep 24, 2016
Congrats, still chasing the dealer for mine.
They never ring you back!! Grrrr

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jonwm

New to the MK2...
Jun 22, 2009
Tamworth
Nice mate, I've not seen a cupra delivered with those wheels for ages, I thought they had supply issues, all the black editions are coming with continental tyres too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Just noticed the wheels, I thought the Cupra Black came with the multi spoke ones? Ours certainly did? :confused:
At least you didn't get shitty Bridgestone's :)

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Black line pack as in the option which was prior to Cupra Black edition launched that was released as an end item model.

Black line option pack (MY15/16 280s and 290s) - painted std alloys, black rear side fins and black cupra letters.
Cupra Black version (MY16 290 only) - Sub 8 alloys, bucket seats, rear side fins and black cupra letters.

I have the black line option on my 280.

Last edited:

mrvanx

Feb 13, 2014
York
That's probably one of the rarer combinations as there will be loads of black edition 290s out there.... Love the wheels, equally as much as the multispoke ones on my 290 be.... Are they 19s aswell?

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CUPRAB

Sep 24, 2016
Agree, think I'd prefer those on mine when it comes. They are 19 too and look easier to clean.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Black line pack as in the option which was prior to Cupra Black edition launched that was released as an end item model.

Black line option pack (MY15/16 280s and 290s) - painted std alloys, black rear side fins and black cupra letters.
Cupra Black version (MY16 290 only) - Sub 8 alloys, bucket seats, rear side fins and black cupra letters.

I have the black line option on my 280.
yes, had 'black line' on the 280, thought it had been discontinued when the 'Black' edition came out . You live and learn :D

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
I have been looking at the Cupra Black Edition recently as there are a few low mileage demos around, but not a fan of the Multi spokes much prefer the Blackline alloys, if I get the Black Edition will try to pick up some.

Cuprobbie

May 4, 2016
Hamilton
Wonder if the Blackline alloys will be easily scratched with a wheel cleaning brush. As I've mentioned on a different thread, I managed to scratch the black parts of my Black Edition multispokes.

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Hi Robbie

I am guessing they will be the same finish as the Multi Spokes so care will be required. :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.