New brakes fitted

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
Had me audi tt brake calipers and new discs n pads fitted last night . Already impressed with the feel and there not even beddid in yet !! Pics tofollow . They look far better and as I said perform better to. Defo a worth while upgrade.
Breakdown of cost
tt carriers plus calipers £70
red paint kit £15
new dimpled/grooved discs and Montez pads £120 delivered
labour for fitting £40
3hours of my time sanding and cleaning brakes
pretty good I recon!!

Nightscape

Anyone know how much a set of standard TT discs are? Mine are badly needing replaced. Pads too i guess...

Aimez

Good to hear just so people know the prices you posted for carrier plus calipers are not new! They cost a hell of a lot mroe than that new. I had to buy brand new calipers.

:whistle:

HELLO! That is why I posted the above, God it's like being at work I say something helpful and am ignored!
:ban:
I can tell you how much calipers are form a dealer as I bought them from Sere motors.

Last edited:

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
Here's mine on the car . Defo worth while upgrade . Stops heeps better.
IMG]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g63/fozworth/photo-17.jpg[/IMG]
cid:67F3DF73-5A61-428C-8BE7-879AC2A417B2/photo.jpg

Last edited:

mazzerati

Bags are for groceries!
Jun 27, 2008
Beverley, East Yorkshire
Had me audi tt brake calipers and new discs n pads fitted last night . Already impressed with the feel and there not even beddid in yet !! Pics tofollow . They look far better and as I said perform better to. Defo a worth while upgrade.
Breakdown of cost
tt carriers plus calipers £70
red paint kit £15
new dimpled/grooved discs and Montez pads £120 delivered
labour for fitting £40
3hours of my time sanding and cleaning brakes
pretty good I recon!!

are these prices for the calipers and carriers from the dealer mate or just what you have managed to wangle? lol. cos it seems like a real good idea :)

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Here's mine on the car . Defo worth while upgrade . Stops heeps better.
photo-17.jpg

:lol: There you go mate! They do look good.

are these prices for the calipers and carriers from the dealer mate or just what you have managed to wangle? lol. cos it seems like a real good idea :)

There are always sets going on Edition38 forum, ebay etc. You are best to shop around. New/stealers will be much more expensive! I will be upgrading to this set-up when my standard discs and pads need changing.

Last edited:

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
Mine were £70 for the carriers and calipers from a vw breakers after a bit o haggling. Then £13 for the red paint kit, £19 for the new "Bigg Red" caliper seal kit as I wanted to realy freshon everything up. Then lots of hard work cleaning the calipers . Had the carriers sand blasted for a fiver as no moving parts involved
£40 for fitting and £120 for the pads and discs so not to bad realy . Thanks Gooner for me pic .
Cheers all.
Semi limo tint on all windows next ecept fronts which will get the non piss taking shading . £100 all in will post pics asap

fozworth

Mar 6, 2009
I think aimez was just comenting that she had said that my prices shown at start of thread that she had then added that these were used caliper prices only for someone to ask that exact question. Jf I'm wrong aimez then sorry but I think that's the line you were thinking along.
Most used caliper/ carrier kits are price ranged from i think somewhere around the £70 I paid to £160 if you buy them from eBay ready painted/refurbed.
Don't forget you can use golf mk 4 anniversay , golf mk4 v5 , and 4 moition carriers and calipers as they all will fit and used 312 mm brakes. Or just good old 99-06 audi tt brakes.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.