New Car day

Zippycelt

May 19, 2021
Woo hoo car arrived :)
Wow love it

loooks great etc

can’t drive it though as only registered with DVLA today and insurers say takes 72 hrs .

my first thing is around missing items / spec trim .
I’ve got the VZ2 310 ( UK )
Now on choosing I remember on nationwide ( leasing company I got through )
Spec mentioned electric front seats
Straight away on opening passenger door I notice it’s manual !!!!

I’ll now need to go check if anything else trim wise is missing - it’s also always been on CUPRA website as saying front Electric seats / memory function only on driver … to me that confirms it should be electric both seats .

Also I’m missing welcome to tribe pack / Car mats , no first aid etc .
I’ve only got crappy free nationwide mats ( but at least I’ve them )

So to recap - car amazing ( first time I’ve physically seen )

but arghhh fustrations around insurance / missing items / trim

Reactions: IanH72

Cuprakash

May 9, 2021
Passenger front seat has always been manual,only the driver's seat is powered.
The official cupra spec sheets and configurator always showed that the passenger seat was not powered.

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
Yeah only driver seat is electric.

You’re not missing out on the crappy Cupra members kit.

It’s a bit naff not coming with mats though - have you checked they’re not in the boot? Mine were sealed in plastic and placed in the boot along with first-aid kit.

Members kit was in the glove box I believe.

Zippycelt

May 19, 2021
I’ve just been on with CUPRA and they confirmed
Seats are power . So they are a little confused on that .
my Tiguan last car was driver only and it said that on spec sheet apart from Rline which was both front seats .
it definitely says front seats electric on car spec . Trims below VZ2 don’t have electric CUPRA confirmed .
As an apology the chap extended my CUPRA connect for 3 years instead of the 1 .
Welcome pack etc with mats getting delivered next week

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
Would be interesting to hear from owners in other (non UK) markets, does anyone have an electric passenger seat?

I suspect the Cupra customer services person was confused or had conflicting information.

Reactions: Cuprakash

Big A

Jul 7, 2021
When I ordered my V2 I specifically asked the salesman about the electric seats, and he told me that only the V1 has manual seats and the V2 and above with the bucket seats have electric drivers seat with memory only and the passenger seat is manual. I wasn't bothered about the passenger seat TBH, as its the drivers seat being moved that is important to me.

Reactions: Cuprakash

Cuprakash

May 9, 2021
Would be interesting to hear from owners in other (non UK) markets, does anyone have an electric passenger seat?

I suspect the Cupra customer services person was confused or had conflicting information.
As far as I'm aware,no UK formentors have electric passenger seats and never have.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Wow love it

loooks great etc

can’t drive it though as only registered with DVLA today and insurers say takes 72 hrs .
What do you mean about 72h? Insurance can add reg number manually, without using lookup and you can drive straight away. I had cars delivered before registration date and was able to insure them ahead of time. And Formentor insurance was bought a few weeks before it was registered ( I knew reg plate).

Reactions: Big A

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
I agree, you don’t need to wait 72h to insure. Legally your car must be insured if not SORN!

Zippycelt

May 19, 2021
No idea what’s been going on but seat contacted me this afternoon to tell me they’ve given dealership 7 day free insurance to do me until it registers across systems .

nationwide have since apologised about electric front seat mix up and have asked that a reduction in monthly payment would suffice .

no idea what that will be , 50p ? 🤣🤣🤣

anyways car brilliant , no issues after quick setup .
Control via App working as well .
Fingers crossed convenience system looks good

Zippycelt

May 19, 2021
No idea what’s been going on but seat contacted me this afternoon to tell me they’ve given dealership 7 day free insurance to do me until it registers across systems .

nationwide have since apologised about electric front seat mix up and have asked that a reduction in monthly payment would suffice .

no idea what that will be , 50p ? 🤣🤣🤣

anyways car brilliant , no issues after quick setup .
Control via App working as well .
Fingers crossed convenience system looks good
And the drive - oooof . And looks u get , with folk thinking what is that lol . Cheers for comments .

Reactions: Gregums

AndyCupra93

Apr 21, 2021
I’d be interested to know what compensation they offer - I’m quite shocked they entertained the idea!

Zippycelt

May 19, 2021
I’d be interested to know what compensation they offer - I’m quite shocked they entertained the idea!
Will let you know in morning .
I said if they reduce it by £25 per month I’d be fine with that . Helps that I had CUPRA themselves tell them it was front power seats as it’s on the parts list - power I think would suggest electric ( s in seats being plural )
I think CUPRA / nationwide have messed up wording in

I said £25 as I have an example for how much adding optional front electric seats was for another car on their website .

Anyways who knows. Though I’m usually pretty good at getting comp etc 🤣🤣🤣

further cruise tonight down the motorway
Ooof …. Can’t get enough of that drive .

I’d seriously say as much fun as driving a Porsche ( though in a different way lol )
But for the money I can’t believe the bargain .

4Mentor

May 19, 2021
Wow love it

loooks great etc

my first thing is around missing items / spec trim .
I’ve got the VZ2 310 ( UK )
Now on choosing I remember on nationwide ( leasing company I got through )
Spec mentioned electric front seats
Straight away on opening passenger door I notice it’s manual !!!!

I’ll now need to go check if anything else trim wise is missing - it’s also always been on CUPRA website as saying front Electric seats / memory function only on driver … to me that confirms it should be electric both seats .

Also I’m missing welcome to tribe pack / Car mats , no first aid etc .
I’ve only got crappy free nationwide mats ( but at least I’ve them )

So to recap - car amazing ( first time I’ve physically seen )

but arghhh fustrations around insurance / missing items / trim
When did you order please?