New Car, New To Forum, and New ideas!!!

gtd86

Doctor of driving
Sep 9, 2006
www.batit.com
Hi all,

After owning a golf tdi(measly 90bhp) for 2 years i have switched over to a leon cupra(180bhp), and loving it!!!

Bought 53 plate leon cupra in onvi yellow from seat dealer stirling (great bunch of guys, would def recommend) 3 weeks ago.

Here it is:
188.JPG

Now the guy before me put the chrome mirror caps on, tinted the windows to 35% and put on rear octavia rear wiper...

What you all think?

Then last week when i was washing it the 2 and the T fell off the back 20VT badge:( which is pretty grim, so decided to order new one but get the one with the red T, also i wanted to get the LEON badge across the center like some of the newer models, but decided after reading one of the threads i should try the CUPRA badge instead. So done that this morning...:

220.JPG

I know it looks too busy on the back now, so i think im going to remove SEAT and LEON... any other suggestions?

Also im just wanting to tune up/modify minor details on the car, nothing OTT, is there any musts/advisory items thats should be changed or done?(like i've been reading that alot of people are changing their dump valves for more reliable ones etc...)

paul26982

dump valve,
exhaust
filter
re-map
suspension
shortshifter
boost guage

sssstew

Editing your spelling
looks nice, agreed about removing the extra badges. not sure on the chrome wing mirrors as there isnt any more chrome on the car so they stand out like a sore thumb a bit. personal preference though.

A nice upgrade in power over the old golf, but i bet it was a reliable old work horse yeah?

Math

ooo Stirling, im from edinburgh, hello!

liking the car, but maybe you should remove the seat leon and keep the flag?

a remap seems to be the best option :)

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
Remove everythig off the back bar the "CUPRA" & flag

Remap it first, but only if your not planning on loads of modding. If you are, then get your otehr stuff out of the way, then remap it as you can then take your other mods into account !

gtd86

Doctor of driving
Sep 9, 2006
www.batit.com
Hi all thanks for the input, yeh golf was pretty reliable, was a one off kind of car cos the fuel consumption never got better than about 35mpg (something wrong with it, n VW couldn't find anything) :(

Hi Math i stay in linlithgow, closer to edinburgh than stirling, what you driving?

Yeh going to take off the SEAT and LEON badges today, i don't really wanna take the 20vt badge off since i just put it on yesterday.

revo remap seems to be a joint answer from most of you then, £500, to get about 210bhp yeh?

Only thing is though im only 20 so insurance is bad enough, or is it a case of don't tell your insurance company;) , or should i mybe try get one of these sps1 thingys to switch it back to normal, if the worst happended...

Quite fancy a boost gauge, but really wanna get private regy for it, a L30N plate.

But i meant slightly cheaper mods...

Any more input would really be appreciated, cheers guys

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
Wait til you are 21 and then get the revo ;)
I'll be waiting until my insurance renewal to get mine (after I actually get a Leon FR TDI) so I can move to a more mod friendly insurance company.

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
You don;t need to get REVO as your remap - there are loads of companies out there that do exactly (if not better) the same job. Price ranges from around £200 - £600............

Get yourself an R splitter. Takes 20 mins to fit & it's only about £18 from a dealer

See Pabs website at www.leoncupra.co.uk - loads of ideas on there !!

gtd86

Doctor of driving
Sep 9, 2006
www.batit.com
Any suggestions for cheaper chipping companies, do you reckon the r splitter will look ok on a yellow car though? just thinking that there no other black on the car.

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
I think the splitter will look good mate - finishes off the front of the car.

Have a look in the sponsered links section........

Remap options vary - AMD, Custom Code, Jabba, Revo, Superchips, Bell Autos etc.........

Most people opt for Revo as it is widely distributed, and the cupport on the forums from RevoKev is good.

I had a Bell Auto's remap & I'm very happy with it, as I customised how much power I wanted & when I wanted it to kick in (plus it's half the cost of Revo), a lot of the others are generic maps.

You may also want to consider a switchable map, but it's upto you.....

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
Anybody know of a decent company for remaps in Berkshire/Hampshire/Surrey area? (Less than 30 miles from Bracknell would be best)

Will probably just get a revo unless somebody knows of something better locally.

Andi

Back in Black
Mar 5, 2006
Inverness
Nice colour mate, but wow the backs busy with badges.

I would remove all badges apart form the new CUPRA one and maybe leave the 20VT badge?

Also cheep mods that will give you grin factor will be Carbonaro for ur car and a Forge DV007 re-circ.

Woth while mods are also shortshift and nuespeed uprated anti roll bars.

Then the more expencive ones like a remapp ,exhaust and intercooler.

Last edited:

gtd86

Doctor of driving
Sep 9, 2006
www.batit.com
Hi all thanks for replying, excuse my ignorance but what is carbonaro? where best place to buy the forge valve?

I think maybe in january when im 21, i'll think about remap, quite like the idea of APR chipping since can change back to standard when cruise control installed, and the fact its encrypted (does that mean insurance company won't be able to detect whats on the ecu???;) )

anybody got pic of yellow cupra with splitter on?

Cheers

schnipps

Apr 17, 2006
If you fit a splitter make sure you line it up properly as they are a bit difficult to fit on your own, you have to screw it into the underside of the bumper and its hard to start it off and keep it in the middel even with tape its a faffy job. I did one and wasnt happy so got another one, then after 1 day hit a kerb parking and pulled a screw out :(

Math

im from east lothian way. im driing the same as yourself but without the kit, an X reg leon cupra, standard........for now :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.