New clutch getting fitted

Mar 15, 2008
Hatfield, Herts
Had a problem for the past few months with clutch starting to slip at peak torque that has slowly got worse - booked on a RR day end of next month so decided to get it fixed.

Booked into local garage for an OEM clutch/release bearing to be fitted (not going BT and told the stock clutch/flywheel will handle the power that a K03s will flow) and had a call with why it's started slipping.

Basically, seal around the output shaft had split, allowing gearbox oil to get onto the clutch - this has caused the clutch to wear-out and there's also a lot of play in the flywheel, so new clutch, release bearing, flywheel and seal going on the car today.

Just wanted to check that at least 1000 miles of sensible driving (not hammering the clutch) is enough for it to bed in before going on the RR, or should I allow more miles?

Mar 15, 2008
Hatfield, Herts
Back in my hands now ... need to get used to the clutch biting point being so low on the pedal now :confused:

In the end needed a new master cylinder as well - from what I understand when they tried to bleed through the system with a pressure bleeder nothing was coming through ... seems the seal on the master cylinder had gone so ordered a new one and fitted that ... so I now have an almost completely replaced transmission (aside from gearbox)

Final damage was for - clutch and release bearing, dual mass flywheel, master cylinder, gearbox oil, seal on the output shaft ... total labour time was just under 5 hours which considering they estimated 5 hours to just do the clutch and release bearing doesn't seem to bad to me.

Now for 1000 miles of easy driving :)

dfullb

Apr 7, 2009
Assuming it has been bleed properly ! the clutch bite point will move higher as it beds in..

Dean

Mar 15, 2008
Hatfield, Herts
Assuming it has been bleed properly ! the clutch bite point will move higher as it beds in..

Dean

Ah blinding ... first car I've ever had that's needed a new clutch :)

Something else I noticed tonight ... I'm assuming the steering rack was disconnected to get the gearbox out as the steering wheel is now slightly turned right when the wheels are straight - will have a word with the garage tomorrow about that

dfullb

Apr 7, 2009
Ah blinding ... first car I've ever had that's needed a new clutch :)

Something else I noticed tonight ... I'm assuming the steering rack was disconnected to get the gearbox out as the steering wheel is now slightly turned right when the wheels are straight - will have a word with the garage tomorrow about that

Really, the steering point should not of moved, I would get them to track it & lock the steering wheel central prior Etc.. Hopefully all free of course ;) as it was not like that when it came in Sir !!!
Although the probably stripped the N/s suspension/ Hub etc to get the box out , ;ike you say.

Cheers.
Dean

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
ahhh, that would explain why mine is pulling off to one side since I've had my clutch done...

Had the tracking done but its still pulling?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.