New Cupra 280 Owner

LSCUPRA19

Feb 10, 2019
Hi All,

Recently got my hands on a 64 reg Cupra 280 DSG. Absolutely love the car, im so happy i opted for this over the Golf R. Having owned many VAG cars over the years such as a3 tdi, gti, r32, gtd etc. this is the best yet. Im looking to take it to stage 2 over the next year with a focus on also being able to put the power down properly. Any advice would be great. Cheers. Liam

LSCUPRA19

Feb 10, 2019
Welcome to the forum,

You've got a great car there! I would most definitely suggest looking through this thread if you wish to go big on the cupra. I know you mentioned stage 2 but you may aswell go for stage 3 haha

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/mk-3-280-stage-3.445295/

Thankyou!
Maybe next year as weve just purchased out first house so i need to tread carefully haha. I cant imagine how the car pulls with another 100bhp, obviously it wont put it down as well as the haldex or quattro system but even ao will be entertaining. Im still quite suprised how well it pulls at the top of the rev range. Looking at the car i believe it may have or had a few mods already. Possibly the res delete as ive noticed the car on youtube on a video from progressive parts in manchester

Deleted member 103408

@LSCUPRA19 welcome to the forum and you have in my personal opinion the best of the Cupra's. However as you will see from our various threads we are all interested in Color so please share what you have.

With regards to keeping the power down on the road the first part is upgraded dog bone mount and if you are intending over time going stage 2 I would also strongly recommend new upgraded engine mounts the make a huge difference in keeping the power where you want it.

If you are DSG then you should also consider a DSG Map if manual I would budget for an upgraded clutch as many complain they dont last long in stock and suffer when you up the power.

Enjoy the car they are great fun and if you dont have VCDS / OBD11 or Carista have a look at them they will enable you to add stuff to the car and from a performance perspective you can adjust both the XDS and the LSD Systems.

LSCUPRA19

Feb 10, 2019
@LSCUPRA19 welcome to the forum and you have in my personal opinion the best of the Cupra's. However as you will see from our various threads we are all interested in Color so please share what you have.

With regards to keeping the power down on the road the first part is upgraded dog bone mount and if you are intending over time going stage 2 I would also strongly recommend new upgraded engine mounts the make a huge difference in keeping the power where you want it.

If you are DSG then you should also consider a DSG Map if manual I would budget for an upgraded clutch as many complain they dont last long in stock and suffer when you up the power.

Enjoy the car they are great fun and if you dont have VCDS / OBD11 or Carista have a look at them they will enable you to add stuff to the car and from a performance perspective you can adjust both the XDS and the LSD Systems.

Im going to get the car on the rolling road as i have a feeling its already been remapped. Yes its the DSG (fantastic piece of kit). In sport it seems to change at redline, would this suggest its been played with or is this standard?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members