new Cupra, clunk from under car when pulling off

H8T WP

started when i got it back from my dealer last time, its getting gradually worse now...

when im pulling off in 1st / 2nd or even putting my foot down hard in third i get a clunk from what sounds like right underneath me, its quite bad !

i've been dealer and agreed to see if it gets worse then come back, which it has...

any ideas?

H8T WP

+40 views and no replies ! come on , im about to leave work now, and this is guna piss me off all the way home !

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Sorry .. No cupra, no idea ... I read your post but cannot answer .... should I have replied just because I read your post though :shrug:

:confused:

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Are you sure it isn't the brake calipers clunking on and off.
Possibly a dodgy dog & bone mount allowing the engine too much travel during hard acceleration.

Glovepup

Cupra Lova
May 27, 2006
Sevenoaks, Kent
Is it when you lift the clutch? Does it do it in reverse. I noticed that if I sit there in the car and move the clutch up and down I get a noise.

First noticed it on my cupra when in reverse....not had it seen to. I'm maybe thinking it is just a noise

mansell

Probably engine mounting, front subframe, front wishbone, :shrug:

If it was me I would be back at the dealers

H8T WP

Fuse F21?

:lol:
as i said before, cupras dont need that fuse and that wasnt the issue...

i had gear linkages replaced and there has been a new engine cover / bracket etc

sounds like its either driveshaft / gearbox / clutch related but i really dont know untill seat check it out...

it happens in reverse too...

if i pull off very slow it still makes the noise but only slightly. its got me stumped...

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
if it didnt happened when you floored it
id say something more like clutch release bearing

you havent had much luck with this cupra from what ive seen

H8T WP

if it didnt happened when you floored it
id say something more like clutch release bearing

you havent had much luck with this cupra from what ive seen
not atall ! im very unlucky :( i must be cursed.

if my dealer reads this, let me know if its cool to come in tomoz?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester

im with him ^^

seat exhausts are a nightmare to line up - if the cewntre and rear aren't spot on they have a habit of tapping the bulkhead right by the clutch pedal

you'll feel it on the acc pedal foot as the clutch is in the air with your foot on it

i'd try to replicate it with someone led down there trying to narrow it down to an area closer

H8T WP

right ... Just had a look under car with a torch and by the looks of it there is an engine mount bolt it missing ?!!! The car has developed another fault too. It seems to have a serious lack of power in lower rev range. Almost like I'm driving a non turbo car. !!

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
could well be, especially if the engine is moving around more than normal due to a missing mount .. not to mention the additional power over standard that it has ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise