New Cupra or Focus ST

Jablad

Huge Member
Nov 10, 2003
Chesterfield
Visit site
I also have the same decision to make, new Cupra or Focus ST.

I've had an LCR for nearly 3 years now and absolutely loved it to bits, I say 'loved' because I always get bored of any car after 2 years but due to company car rules have to keep it for 3....

I test drove a focus and was quite impressed. It seems very well behaved in town and when you open it up it certainly goes (although didn't feel any quicker than my standard LCR). The one thing the ST has over ANY car on the market at the moment is the sound, it is plain and simply awsome.

I am going to the motor show a week on Saturday to see the Cupra in the flesh and will then make my decision.

The one thing I have always enjoyed about the LCR is the 'head turn' ability of it because even now you still don't see that many of them on the road and it still looks the business. Hopefully the Cupra will also be quite rare and turn heads. If it turns my head on Saturday I will be getting one.

WaveyDaveyGravy

But I'm so tasty
Jan 3, 2006
Shipley
Isn't this a pointless question? As no-one has yet seen the Cupra let alone driven it why compare it to a car that is as a future purchase? Is the point about buying it because it looks good? What about driving it? And all the other factors that go together in a car purchase?

If you are going to be making your mind up based purely on what it looks like externally then it sounds to me like you have already made up your mind over the slightly plain looking Focus, so why ask the question?!

Jablad

Huge Member
Nov 10, 2003
Chesterfield
Visit site
It's a fair point however I got the LCR based on looks and perceived performance as nowhere could get me a test drive.

Also we have to compare it to future available models as without looking to the future I would be making a decision on what is available today, and that would be the Focus. There's nothing plain about that orange paint!!

paul26982

there stop making the orange soon as its limited edition, also have to wait sept-oct now for one, what i was told by dealer tbh, the st will just end up like the last st170, paid 15k for mine and devalued so much, plus there are alot more new st's than old, rather have a focus rs, somthing unique, maybe wihin the next year for me, but everyone has the opinions so really you have to do what you want ,you have to live with it