New head unit & Personal Mp3 player? NOT iPoo

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
OK … so this last week my head unit has died AGAIN … it was the "PERFECT" head unit for me. Apart from the fact that it just kept breaking.

BUT the company has gone bust, so I can’t get it replaced. So im looking for something new.

The reason the Dension DH100ix was so good was because it was 80gig, so I could just about fit all my music on it, and I would use it either stand alone, or by inserting it into my head unit.

SO .... Can any one suggest a replacement HD system? Needs to be 80gig, I don’t care about video, I’d like to have it as a stand alone player as well, Id like to be able to easily control it from the head unit (even if it means buying a new head unit)....

Oh .... and one more thing.... I REALLY don’t want to pay through the nose just to buy something white. I.E. an over priced iPoo.

The Keg would be good, but it can’t be used as a stand alone.
The Zen would be kool, but I don’t know if you can control it form a head unit....

Any suggestions?

Please?

:think:

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
I think the only one you can really control from the HU is the Ipod seeing as it's pretty much the most common mp3 player out there now. :shrug:

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
mrcoyote said:
Don't you do that anyway?
:bleh:

Yup.... I just hate the thought of buying something that is over priced for no reason other than it's fashonable (check my wardrobe!) and it's pants in comparison to the other MP3 players on the market, JUST so I can control it from my head unit :(

Pagnobito

No more LCR
Sep 24, 2002
Almost Maidstone
Visit site
The Sony is ok, its sort of low-midrange isn't it? Looks ok if you want the portable player function. I didn't realise you did which is why I looked at the Phatbox.
The JVC isn't a portable device either, it doesn't even seem to be removeable.

Maybe there is a device that plugs into any player and transmits via FM and you just tune you HU to it? (although I think they are not legal here, just in USA)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members