new hybrid LCR

Sc22

Feb 13, 2013
so after coming from a 366bhp blobeye impreza i bought a LCR hybrid k04

spec and pics to follow

not the best pictures but the car inside and out is immaculate! car needs a wash haha some of you will probably know the car as it was a lads of here

the spec

Cr turbo k04 hybrid turbo with ported hotside
Ina ceramic coated high flow manifold
Pipewerx downpipe and decat (3inch)
Custom Powerflow 2.5inch cat back.
Badger5 3inch tip
Jetex cold air intake with jabba heatshield
2.0 tfsi coilpacks and adaptors
Short shifter
550cc injectors.
Rebuild 2 years ago consisting of, dm forged cok rods, new bearings and new piston rings.
10mm phenolic insulator gasket
All silicone boost hoses
Cold side dv relocation kit
Forge 007dv with yellow spring
Type b toyo sports fmic (known as the wellycooler)
Aem tru boost ebc
Southbend single mass flywheel
Updated organic clutch
Forge de-baffled charge pipe.
N249 bypass
Recent new turbo to manifold gasket.
mapped by Nikki at ******.

Handling/wheels

Jamex coilovers
All wishbones are polybushed
Rear axel polybushed
Polybushed dogbone mount.
Front and rear upper strut braces.
Mint and unmarked xxr 527 alloys
Rear 15mm spacers
Front 10mm spacers. Both hubcentric.
Falken tyres. Brakes Brembo 4 pot callipers with front grooved ebc discs with Mintex racing pads with loads left on them.

think thats about it really happy with it at the moment had a play with my mates 380bhp and was pretty even rolling from 50bhp with me spinning!

let me know what you think

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Good spec and a good buy :)

With the engine internals done, you can go for more power or focus on other things at your wish.

Enjoy it! These are great cars.

Sc22

Feb 13, 2013
No plans as of yet due in where it was mapped so he can set the pre load so the last owner said should see around another 20-25hp then just enjoy it! Dont know too much about these engines so wouldnt know where to turn next

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
No plans as of yet due in where it was mapped so he can set the pre load so the last owner said should see around another 20-25hp then just enjoy it! Dont know too much about these engines so wouldnt know where to turn next

There's a shed load of info on this forum, I've picked up most of the stuff I know on here and all the common issues to look out for have all pretty much got a guide to go with it so you won't feel lost mate!

Have a good chat to your mapper when you take it in and soak in all the info :) You'll soon learn about the engines. They can take a lot tbh. Weakest points being the rods once you start going past 300 lb/ft torque but as yours as done already that's good peace of mind :)

Sc22

Feb 13, 2013
Ye well im going to get some better pictures tomorrow and throw them on here had a play with my mates evo 9 from 50mph in 3rd and it was even thats with me spinning too and his is stage 1 evo 9 so around 380bhp!

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
I didn't see it on your list so WMI would be a good call. I know Niki is a big fan of it. Lets face it you don't need to do much more to it! I like the wheels.

Sc22

Feb 13, 2013
I didn't see it on your list so WMI would be a good call. I know Niki is a big fan of it. Lets face it you don't need to do much more to it! I like the wheels.

Whats wmi? And ye the wheels set it off :)

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Whats wmi? And ye the wheels set it off :)

Water, methonol, injection it's needed on K04 cars and especially hybrids due to the high EGT these framed turbos run at. Helps keep everything nice and cool plus boost the octane rating of the fuel.
You should ask a mod to move this to the readers ride section and start a build progress thread.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Any reason its a 2.5" catback instead of the full 3" system???

One of the reasons will be that there's not many 3" cat back systems. Most are 2.75" but 2.5" does seem a little on the small side for this spec car.

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Nice car with a great spec. Take it to your local dyno to get a baseline power measurement so any improvements you make can be referrenced latter.

Sc22

Feb 13, 2013
One of the reasons will be that there's not many 3" cat back systems. Most are 2.75" but 2.5" does seem a little on the small side for this spec car.

Not sure mate I might change it to a milltek cat back anyway unless you reccomend a better one?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.