New Ibiza bocanegra video.....see what you think

Jun 24, 2007
durham
I really cant understand how as IMO it handles better than the mk4!

i can only speak for the mk 4 fr but the handling is shocking on that as standard , why i thought a better handling setup and the idiot proof dsg it would of been a lot quicker

FR_Rob

Is In Love with Power!
Mar 13, 2010
Warwickshire
Haha! That was the guy who was writing the review driving!

As i said, i shot and cut it but the review wasn't written by me. I have to say though i do agree with what's said. Its certainly not a bad car in any respect but just not as exciting as others i've worked within the same area of the market.

Its true tho that motoring journalists do spend a lot of time jumping in and out of BMW's and mercs etc....i think they have to be careful when reviewing cars like this and make sure they put there hatchback head on! Either way, it was an enjoyable shoot and i am pretty happy with both the shots and pace of the video :D

that review seems to be very simular to the one 5th Gear have done, (i can't post links yet i'm affraid) even used the exact same words at the end!!!!

FR_Rob

Is In Love with Power!
Mar 13, 2010
Warwickshire
I think i class the BOC-CUPRA as a fast GT not a hot hatch . Because it's a good allrounder . that's me anyway...................

i'd agree with you there. It isn't as focused as say the clio cup or corsa vxr but its as near that matters as quick, and it's cheaper to tax, insure and fuel

I test drove the boc and it put a huge smile on my face and too me thats really all that matters. :)

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
The more focussed hot hatches have down sides, I can't find any with my Boc, if I want it to have better handling I'll sort that myself with coilovers. I know I wouldn't be this happy if I had any of the rivals. The Boc/Cupra goes like a rocket, but settles down and adapts to your calmer driving. So yeah, sometimes the DSG can be a pain in the arse, but I love, I can actually conecentrate a little more on overtaking and smiling when it takes off like a rocket. Build quality is great. The looks and second looks and waves and thumbs up from other people are priceless, 5 months with my Boc and still getting attention. Nice.

I'll probably get coilovers in the summer to sharpen the handling up, then I think it will be a true hot hatch.

ED

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Seriously coilovers and rear ARB...best things ever! Just got in from a blast as the roads were quite this things grips and grips!!

Just watch the vid and it did seem to give me a very stong feeling of deja vu!

HAIRWEGO

NICK...
Jan 18, 2010
Poole, Dorset.
The video has got the DSG wrong. It does not stand for Direct Sequential Gearbox, it stands for Direct-Shift Gearbox. At least I now know how to pronounce Bocanegra.

Here is the 5th Gear Review vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep5XkxsOT64 VBH tests it at 8:30 into the vid.
The same old review. you like DSG, or you don't like DSG , Now which is better, FIGHT!!!!!
Gone brain dead now, no more please. we love it...................

CupraDean

Brrrmmm Tttsssssss
Dec 11, 2009
Newbury
pff renault sport clio... all they got is extra power... have you looked at them... they are ugly! the ibiza actually has power and looks good.

Dave 77

Dave ;)
Nov 13, 2009
Hertfordshire
I have to admit i like the look of the clio, im prob on my own but i love the front of it. I saw one the other day and thought it look really good not quite as good as my boca but not bad :) was very close to buying one but a few things swayed me to the boca. :)

MST

Mar 15, 2008
I just feel as though I wasted 3:31 of my life that I'll never get back...

Jim H

Mar 6, 2009
Teesside
The same old review. you like DSG, or you don't like DSG , Now which is better, FIGHT!!!!!
Gone brain dead now, no more please. we love it...................

When Jason Pluto drove a Golf GTI with a DSG, he really loved it, he'd have it over a manual one. I guess Vicki does not like it.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
OK folks, we call it the DCS from now on hahahahahahahahaha. It's just an awesom box as far as I am concerned. Still wish they tuning aspect could be improved on though. Do you think an uprated clutch plate would work??????? Techie?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members