New Ibiza ordered!

Crhunter212

Dec 30, 2018
I would have ordered heated seats if it was an option. I did look at the Arona in FR trim with the 1.5 tsi engine but preferred the looks of the Ibiza and hear it handles better. My ideal spec would have been an Ibiza Xcelence Lux with heated seats, beats audio and the 1.5 tsi engine. I’m still happy with the car I’ve ordered and can’t wait to get it.

I was tempted by the arona too, we had a ficus before and it was fine in the corners, replaced it with a cmax and it's not so good so I opted for the Ibiza, I do a 1hr commute on an A road everyday so wanted that planted feel.

Wouldn't have had heated seats but would have loved a heated steering wheel!

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Confirmed build week 10, wonder how they work it, I ordered 3/4 weeks before you and your car is getting built 2 weeks before mine!
I was originally given provisional build week 23 but it jumped forward to week 8 when it confirmed. Which dealer are you getting your car from?

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
My salesman has gone on annual leave until the end of this week so I haven't heard back if it's been built or not :cry:

I'm getting all impatient :bleh:

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
My salesman has gone on annual leave until the end of this week so I haven't heard back if it's been built or not :cry:

My car is due to be built this week and I’m already getting impatient, the next 4 weeks or so will really drag!

Jonathan Bassett

Oct 18, 2018

My car is due to be built this week and I’m already getting impatient, the next 4 weeks or so will really drag!
Mines meant to be making its way from Grimsby port since last Wednesday. Meant to be arriving at the dealership this week, but there’s only two days left

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
So mine's definitely been built and is 'on its way to the UK'. I didn't ask if he knew which ship it is on though. The wait is excruciating!

Reactions: Jonathan Bassett

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I actually completely forgot about my order once it was done until the dealer phoned to offer a collection date a couple of months later. Nothing I could have done in the meantime would have made any difference anyway. Luckily I was so busy working shifts 6 days in 9, worrying about the new car was never a factor. When it arrives, it is like Xmas though.

Jonathan Bassett

Oct 18, 2018
I actually completely forgot about my order once it was done until the dealer phoned to offer a collection date a couple of months later. Nothing I could have done in the meantime would have made any difference anyway. Luckily I was so busy working shifts 6 days in 9, worrying about the new car was never a factor. When it arrives, it is like Xmas though.
Yeah I was similar, I’d managed to forget about it while it was waiting to be built, but now I know it’s in the UK, last known location, Grimsby port and due to be delivered to the dealership this week I just want a phone call!! Isn’t looking very likely to be this week now though.

Feb 14, 2019
Yeah I was similar, I’d managed to forget about it while it was waiting to be built, but now I know it’s in the UK, last known location, Grimsby port and due to be delivered to the dealership this week I just want a phone call!! Isn’t looking very likely to be this week now though.

You probably wouldn't want to pick up the car until next week so you can get the new 19 plate anyway. My new car is ready and waiting at the dealer, but have to wait 8 more days before i collect it so i get the new plate

Jonathan Bassett

Oct 18, 2018
You probably wouldn't want to pick up the car until next week so you can get the new 19 plate anyway. My new car is ready and waiting at the dealer, but have to wait 8 more days before i collect it so i get the new plate
Yep, they’ve already said I’m best to pick it up 1st March. But they did say when it arrives I could go and see it and drive it, which has made me more impatient :(

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
I have same provisional build week. Was week six now week 9 but not confirmed. Needs to land in country well before March 29th or god now's what or where it will be stuck!
My car is build week 8 so should be built by now, I’m getting a call back from Seat customer services on Wednesday to confirm it has been built and hopefully will get some transportation information. My dealership says I should be able to collect my car week commencing 18th March. The closer I get to collecting my car the more time seems to drag.

Simon Barker

Dec 21, 2018
Mine is supposedly on Aquarius ace but that boat is not going to sheerness but it's due to grimsby on 26th. Noticed that Pegasus ace arrived sheerness on 22nd so hoping it was on that! Another coat called swan ace arrived today so maybe that one too? Car was built on Feb 11th so must be here soon

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
So I've got a new Ibiza FR Sport 1.0 TSI DSG in Magnetic Grey on order. Ordered on 15/02/19. Dealer expects may delivery but I've not been given a particular build week yet so I've asked for this :thumbup:

I've sold my existing MK5 (previous shape) 1.0 TSI FR DSG so hopefully this one is even more refined/fun!

Simon Barker

Dec 21, 2018
Just noticed Aquarius ace is now stopping at sheerness tonight on way to due Grimsby tomorrow evening. My car confirmed on this boat. Hopefully in UK landed by morning, dealers in next few days fingers crossed!

Reactions: IanH72
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.