New LCR damaged on collection!

p0rt

Hi Guys,

My Refund is now clear!

The dealer was Coupers in St Albans!

Hope everything goes ok with the repair Halo!

I'm considering a pre reg, delivery mileage impreza wrx sti, huge savings at the moment!

cya guys

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
p0rt said:
The dealer was Coupers in St Albans!

Do they have a habit?

f4_1_b.JPG

Dyna-Mikee

Sep 23, 2004
Only just seen this thread (yes, I've been in a cave for a few weeks). Glad you got sorted out. Here's my two-penneth anyway....

Not sure how you would go on with a Platinum finish, but I've been touching up chips on my Ovni LCR every time I've washed it since new.

I armed myself with a touch-up pen, some fine (very fine) wet'n'dry and a bottle of T-Cut. I'm getting quite good at it now.

Whilst it's a b*gger to have chips before you even take it off the forecourt, you may as well accept that they are a fact of life from now on. Especially on the bonnet/front bumper, unless you've got one of those coatings (my stealer never told me about them when I bought it!).

At this time of year, you've got the old "do I overtake this gritter ahead or drop back and follow it at a crawl for the next 50 miles?" question to worry about.

The longer you wait, the more chance you have of the chips starting to rust. I touch them up as soon as I spot them (no need to be particularly careful, just splash the paint in until it is proud of the surface), then I wait for a nice sunny Sunday afternoon in the summer when I've got nothing better to do and feather them in with the wet'n'dry (using it wet, mind). Finish off with a bit of T-Cut and Bob's your proverbial...

Like I said, works OK on flat colours - depending on the size of the chip, I doubt anyone would notice on the Platinum either.

Now then - creaky dash. I've got that too - it's done it since new (I thought I was a voice in the wilderness, glad I'm not alone in this). I've narrowed it down to the panel that passes under the steering column, but my stealer thinks it is "behind the speedo". Anyway, they said they'll fix it under warranty, so next service it's going for some surgery.

halo25

Jan 10, 2006
Mines still got the creak right in the same area :D

All the rest sorted though

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise