New Leon Accessories

GSP

Hi all,

Just been on the www.seat.com website and it has a slightly different layout to the UK version, one item I found was the accessories section. There are some chrome bits I like such as the handles and rear boot strip but have no idea where to get them from.

However I did look on the JE Design website and it seems they do they chrome items as well, so one question would be who in the UK sell the JE Design products and is there any discount?

Thanks in advance. (Accessories link below)

http://www.seat.com/com/generator/su/com/newLeon/site/accessories/exterior/Handles/main.html

http://www.seat.com/com/generator/su/com/newLeon/site/accessories/exterior/Mouldings/main.html

LeakyTurnip

Mull Fember
Feb 11, 2005
N.Ireland
The Boot Strip is a UK part too, so you can order it from you dealer. I'm waiting on one from mine.

As for the handles, don't do it! I seen a Skoda Fabia with those handles and it looked pants. There were no other chrome parts on the side of the Fabia and they stuck out like a sore thumb.

immortalx

@ LeakyTurnip :

The boot strip really seems nice. When you collect yours would you mind
taking a pic and post it here ?

Talking about accessories, i'm sure i've spoted a photo of the honeycomb
grill with the front vertical stripes and the "S" logo missing. Is there an
after-market one or the guy just ripped off the front section of an original ?

GSP

How much was the rear boot strip? Also did you just go to the parts department and order one?

I think the chrome handles would look naff on certain colours, but on red I hope it does not look that bad. I so would love to drop it and put some 19s on it but as it is a company car then

A: Doesnt make sense when its not my own car and
B: I am not allowed! [:@]

LeakyTurnip

Mull Fember
Feb 11, 2005
N.Ireland
immortalx said:
@ LeakyTurnip :

The boot strip really seems nice. When you collect yours would you mind
taking a pic and post it here ?

Talking about accessories, i'm sure i've spoted a photo of the honeycomb
grill with the front vertical stripes and the "S" logo missing. Is there an
after-market one or the guy just ripped off the front section of an original ?

I'll get a photo when the part arrives. I was hoping to have recieved the parts by now but I've ordered the honeycomb grill that fits behine the existing grill and that has to come from dealer in the south of Ireland so It'll take a litte longer...

I haven't seen the grill without the 'S' badge, don't know if I'd like it. :confused:

Last edited:

LeakyTurnip

Mull Fember
Feb 11, 2005
N.Ireland
GSP said:
How much was the rear boot strip? Also did you just go to the parts department and order one?

It's listed a being £30.00 on the SEAT.co.uk website. The part number is listed there too so the dealer shouldn't have any problems getting one!

Although the accessories bit of the site doesn't seem to be working at the moment.

I'm changing another part for it and the honeycomb grill so I'm not sure how much the dealer is charging me! He did say it wouldn't cost any more than the £45.00 the original part cost.

GSP

I think someone on here got a exhaust trim, how much are they and are they from Seat as well?

Also, can someone confirm to me that there is a spare wheel provided with all Leons and it is not an extra! It may sound like a silly question but I read somewhere that that individual ordered a spare!!!

LeakyTurnip

Mull Fember
Feb 11, 2005
N.Ireland
GSP said:
I think someone on here got a exhaust trim, how much are they and are they from Seat as well?

Also, can someone confirm to me that there is a spare wheel provided with all Leons and it is not an extra! It may sound like a silly question but I read somewhere that that individual ordered a spare!!!

No, I'm afraid you don't get a spare wheel! You get a can of gunk that you squirt into the wheel and then a compressor to blow it up again. (not much use if you get a slice in the tyre) You can buy the spare wheel for an extra £35.00!

As for the exhaust trim, Starbank got the trim for the twin exhaust which is available from the SEAT dealer, I got the trim for the single exhaust. It wasn't a Leon part, it's listed as being an Altea part.

cmc

ohhhhh yes.
Sep 13, 2002
Glasgow
Visit site
LeakyTurnip said:
No, I'm afraid you don't get a spare wheel! You get a can of gunk that you squirt into the wheel and then a compressor to blow it up again. (not much use if you get a slice in the tyre) You can buy the spare wheel for an extra £35.00!.

That's a good point. what happens if you're tyre gets wrecked beyond repair. Is it not a legal requirement to carry a spare so you don't get stranded ? - might be wrong there though.

There must be some get out in any event or surely Seat wouldn't do it. I'd always pay for the spare wheel I think.

cmc

Tallpaul

Jul 2, 2005
cmc said:
Is it not a legal requirement to carry a spare

No.

The only requirement placed on spare wheels is that, if you have one, the tyre fitted must be road legal.

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Carl

I have the arm rest on mine. You cant lift it up, but the top section opens and there is enough room for sunglasses phone etc, there is also a removable rubber section that still allows access to the cup holders. Access to the gear lever is no problem, but it makes access to the handbrake a pain but i guess will get used to it - looks good though and breaks up the hard plastic.

Rob

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
Thanks Rob, useful information as I had a foldable one on my old Octavia which got in the way of the handbrake. It turned out to be a right pain in the end, if it was down it was in the way of the handbrake, if it was up my wife couldn't reach back to get to my son in the rear seats. A no-win situation :(

PlatCupraR

Ex Plat cupra R owner
Mar 23, 2006
South East England
Just fitted some chrome bits, boot strip, wing mirrors, front trims on front bumber both centre and sides, also got the silver trim for the speakers and doors. Easy to fit and look good. The only thing that I would say is that it is a shame that on the rear doors they only do the speaker surrounds and not the door trim which makes iot look a bit odd.

Shaun

LeakyTurnip

Mull Fember
Feb 11, 2005
N.Ireland
Here are a few photos of the chrome boot strip...

DSCN1444Medium.jpg

DSCN1445Medium.jpg

Last edited: