New MAF but now negative boost errors.

Simon L

Audi TTS
Sep 24, 2004
Glasgow
m0rk said:
looks like you can't meet requested boost.... got a leak? or a knackered DV?

I am in a similar situation.

Replaced all vac lines with forge hoses, and got a forge 007p.

Tried using the standard DV also, no change.

The N75 duty isnt maxed out though (ie: 95%), so i wouldnt think i have a boost leak.

What else could cause the actual to deviate from the requested?

Russ_20vt

Kitesurfing nut
Feb 4, 2005
T,Wells. Kent.
This is from 115 but how do i work out the percentage?sorry im being blonde.
vagcom4th.jpg

Russ_20vt

Kitesurfing nut
Feb 4, 2005
T,Wells. Kent.
Right big update, did some logging off my N75 Load and Actual vs Requested Boost

I also tested between my Forge Dv and Standard Bosch DV

I did 2 runs with my Bosch followed By 2 runs with my Forge

All runs were done with even breaks between runs and all runs were tested on the same strech of private test track.

I am posting the the best results from each DV

First of all here is my Excel Sheet of a 4th Gear run with the standard Bosch DV
4thGearBoschrun.jpg

And here is a Graph showing the Requested Boost vs Actual
4thGearGraphBosch.jpg

Now this is where the fun starts,

During my 2 runs with the Forge DV i went into Limp Mode both times in 4th Gear at around 5360 rpm. But i have been around this rpm figure before and not gone into limp mode with the forge on. Further testing with the Bosch is needed to prove that the forge is at fault.

Here is the Excel sheet of a 4th Gear run with the Forge DV you can see clearly where i hit Limp ****.
4thGearForgeexcel.jpg

And here is a Graph showing the Requested Boost vs Actual
4THGearGraphForge.jpg

I received these Fault codes after going into Limp Mode

18048 - Internal Contr. Module (EEPROM) Error
P1640 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
17964 - Charge Pressure Control: Negative Deviation
P1556 - 35-00 - -

I dont have enough knowledge to be able to determine why im low on boost and going into limp mode. Help Please Guys!!!

Thanks Alot

Russ

Russ_20vt

Kitesurfing nut
Feb 4, 2005
T,Wells. Kent.
Just been reading up on the n75% and am i right in saying that its buggered as it shouldnt be up in the 90% constantly? or is this due to a boost leak?

Simon L

Audi TTS
Sep 24, 2004
Glasgow
As your N75 value is 95% at the top end of the range, this means that the turbo is working as hard as it can, but it still cant make the requested boost.

Similar to my problem.

Could be a leak, or the remap is asking for more than the turbo can give.

I personally think you've got a boost leak mate. The actual fails to meet the requested throughout the rev range....your requested isnt even that high!

On a side thought...what colour spring do you have in your forge DV?

Last edited:

Simon L

Audi TTS
Sep 24, 2004
Glasgow
Russ, can you do a log in 3rd or 4th gear from 2k -> 6k. most of your logs only seem to give us a small section of the rev range.

Simon L

Audi TTS
Sep 24, 2004
Glasgow
I cant see how the spring would make a diff in the DV.

Under boost, the DV will be pressurised, so closed. Only under vacuum will it open.

So why does the stiffness of the spring make a diff? The standard spring keeps the DV closed by itself, so boost cannot escape under load.

Simon L

Audi TTS
Sep 24, 2004
Glasgow
Test for that then would be to 'jam' the DV so it cannot open, and do a couple of runs.

I know this is bad, as it cannot vent, but it would show either way if the DV is leaking.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.