New OTA update

adrianator

Sep 13, 2022
So, I'm already on 1940 but today I got an OTA update. It's in progress now, I will update with results.

Attachments

• 20230913_195200.jpg
    20230913_195200.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 412
  • 20230913_195207.jpg
    20230913_195207.jpg
    444.7 KB · Views: 407
  • 20230913_195210.jpg
    20230913_195210.jpg
    421.7 KB · Views: 364
  • 20230913_195226.jpg
    20230913_195226.jpg
    486 KB · Views: 414
Sep 13, 2023
Not 100% sure if it's new with the update, but only just noticed the reverse sensor beeps come from the speaker on the side of the car that the sensor sees an obstruction. Don't remember that before the update.

Reactions: adrianator

MR T

Jul 10, 2004
BOONDOCKS
I'm still on 1760 but got it last week. My car is booked in due to a number of software issues including a fault with wipers, sat nav thought it was in Yorkshire one day, heating controls fail, randomly reboots and android auto was a bit slow to react.
Haven't had any of those issues since this update.

Piles

Apr 11, 2022
I have this OTA update today also, but now 3 out of 4 startups i have a blank screen and need to hold the power button for 15 secs to reset...

Sep 6, 2021
So, I'm already on 1940 but today I got an OTA update. It's in progress now, I will update with results.
Hello adrianator! I have the Leon Style 22' with Software 1545. How exactly are you receiving those updates? Do I need to have active subscription at Seat Connect App in order to receive the notification for update? I have the 8" screen if that helps. Last service my dealer said I will receive the update via satellite...

Nov 27, 2023
Hello all, I have the same question as @GeoAsla: do you need to have an active subscription at Seat Connect in order to receive the notifications for the updates. I am asking because I have not been able to finish the pairing of the Seat Connect with the car and I am wondering if this is because I don't have an active subscription. Thank you!

KSE

Mar 28, 2022
I just got an OTA upgrade from 1896 (which the car came with from the factory) to 1940. No active subscriptions and internet via WiFi hotspot. The update was just over 2 Gigs.

That's saved me a trip to the dealers and promising that they are pushing big updates like this out OTA as for a long time it looked like this wasn't happening.

PeterThomsenDK

Nov 20, 2023
I got that update on my car(2020 Leon eHybrid) before it went to a dealer for a series of fixing (stuff like battery control was locked/greyed out due to 3rd party testing equipment I was told) including an upgrade to firmware 1940 from 1780. Didn't notice anything different in the short time span between the update and the trip to the shop. One thing I will say however about the 1940 is that I hate that they removed the ability to easily turn off Lane Assist from a tile in the infotainment system, now it's through the steering wheel and it takes forever due to pop up alert message that lingers for an eternity preventing me for doing any other adjustments through the steering wheel until it clears.

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
I got that update on my car(2020 Leon eHybrid) before it went to a dealer for a series of fixing (stuff like battery control was locked/greyed out due to 3rd party testing equipment I was told) including an upgrade to firmware 1940 from 1780. Didn't notice anything different in the short time span between the update and the trip to the shop. One thing I will say however about the 1940 is that I hate that they removed the ability to easily turn off Lane Assist from a tile in the infotainment system, now it's through the steering wheel and it takes forever due to pop up alert message that lingers for an eternity preventing me for doing any other adjustments through the steering wheel until it clears.
You can turn off lane assist by default (or have it remember the last setting), and disable the alert when it's off using OBD11. It's the primary reason I bought mine.

PeterThomsenDK

Nov 20, 2023
You can turn off lane assist by default (or have it remember the last setting), and disable the alert when it's off using OBD11. It's the primary reason I bought mine.
Yeah I have a guy who has access to some VW equipment that I'm in the talks with about this very specific thing cause it is infuriating to me. I don't care about tuning or more features or any of that. I just want Lane Assist off by default and if possible for the speed limiter to be default over ACC as I only use ACC on long trips via highway/motorway. Then I'm pretty much happy as a clam :)

Reactions: Alex667

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
I just got an OTA upgrade from 1896 (which the car came with from the factory) to 1940. No active subscriptions and internet via WiFi hotspot. The update was just over 2 Gigs.

That's saved me a trip to the dealers and promising that they are pushing big updates like this out OTA as for a long time it looked like this wasn't happening.
Mine wasn't picking up anything over eSIM, but as soon as I connected to my home wifi from my driveway, it picked it up right away. Download was happy to continue over eSIM after it started though. Will report back here when it gets applied...

Happy it's now OTA cos I was about to book in again to fix the random reboots after startup I've been having since 1898.

edit: After it getting stuck on 2.2 of 2.3 gig, it downloaded the rest ok after a break, and the update went fine. Has to be done with the ignition off, so don’t do this if you suspect your battery is weak. Whole update took around 20 minutes. No indication initially that it’s done other than the screen turning off. CarPlay resolution is a lot better, hopefully it fixes the reboots too.

Last edited:

witek_77

Jul 11, 2023
PL
Oooh what’s in 1969. Just got 1940.
I dont know :) apparently now adding a master user is done via the website and not via the car. this information appeared. maybe they have finally solved this problem. I already have a master user, so I prefer not to check

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
I dont know :) apparently now adding a master user is done via the website and not via the car. this information appeared. maybe they have finally solved this problem. I already have a master user, so I prefer not to check
I got an OTA update after getting 1940 which promised the same thing, so probably not specific to 1969

Reactions: witek_77
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.