New project

65coupe

I'm too old for this!
Sep 8, 2007
Southampton
Okay - here it is.

It needs a little work, but it was a bargain...

ibizaros.jpg

ibizafos.jpg

Might need a few parts maybe??? (anyone got a front bumper for sale in black??):shrug:

gus

Jun 27, 2006
try motor in motion on ebay they have loads of front bumpers facelift style, i got mine from him,

T. Spark

If you need another alloy (like the one in the pic I have on in the garage collecting dust, let me know!)

Looks ok, and aslong as it runs etc, then the rest can be fixed up no problem!

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
i had my wing, bottom suspension arm, inner wing liner, side repeator replaced when a woman parked her hilux on my front wing!

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Projects like this are good! :) I'd like to do them but cba as this is my everyday job too! :lol:

The only thing that might bite you in the ass is "unforseen damage." Basically take the bumper off and :-o

Hope all goes well! :)

Aimez

Yay someone saving a car themselves, you could get a FMIC, what you wanting to do with it fix it as standard? I got my bumper from the same bay seller in black fantastic deal compared to buying form a dealer at more than twice the price!

65coupe

I'm too old for this!
Sep 8, 2007
Southampton
Yay someone saving a car themselves, you could get a FMIC, what you wanting to do with it fix it as standard? I got my bumper from the same bay seller in black fantastic deal compared to buying form a dealer at more than twice the price!

Don't see the point of a FMIC really...:whistle:

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London

I don't think the car is a TDI aimez, so no need for a smic or a fmic.

Nice little project. Does the 'C' on the windscreen mean it's a Cat C write off?

65coupe

I'm too old for this!
Sep 8, 2007
Southampton
I don't think the car is a TDI aimez, so no need for a smic or a fmic.

Nice little project. Does the 'C' on the windscreen mean it's a Cat C write off?

Yup. Cat C. And it's a 1.4 sport so there's nowhere to connect a FMIC...

as far as I can see, it's only cat C because the underside is a little "scuffed up" [:@] but we'll see on Monday when I take off the front and rear bumpers...

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
By the looks of just the body work damaged i'd say the car wouldn't have even been written off (unless due to high mileage?) It must have substantial damaged to the underside for it to have been written off Cat C. How's the rear suspension? From the pictures the o/s rear wheel looks like it's sitting at an angle

65coupe

I'm too old for this!
Sep 8, 2007
Southampton
By the looks of just the body work damaged i'd say the car wouldn't have even been written off (unless due to high mileage?) It must have substantial damaged to the underside for it to have been written off Cat C. How's the rear suspension? From the pictures the o/s rear wheel looks like it's sitting at an angle

it's high mileage, with a few scuffs underneath and very minor damage to the front underside of the drivers sill.
The suspension is fine all round but the centre lower bit of the back bumper has a small dent in it too.

Got it for £1400

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Sounds like a good price. I bought a damaged Ibiza 130 TDI a few years ago with the intention of repairing it and keeping it. I then found out that the damage was more extensive than I first thought. Luckily I managed to sell it for what it owed me. I then bought my current Ibiza 130 TDI, undamaged and without the headache!

65coupe

I'm too old for this!
Sep 8, 2007
Southampton
Ah right could have just simply explained that, he never said what ibiza it was or answered my question whether or not he is going to mod the car??

You know what? You're absolutely right, I didn't say what Ibiza it was did I?:doh:

As far as mods are concerned, it's looking a little too high for my liking, but other than that and replacing the DAB head unit that was nicked when it was in the salvage yard, I don't think the mrs wil let me get away with too much as it's for her.

(...and I'm having to fork out for new uprated upper and lower engine mounts for my Octavia vRS as the engine almost fell out yesterday...:whistle:)

Aimez

You do this alot to cars? My work colleague does this all the time, buys up a car in similar state and sorts it, to fund it he services people's cars (he obviously used to be a technician). If your missus isn't bothered then yeh no point spending lots of money on mods just get it back on the road.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.