New SEAT Toledo IV leaked!

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
:D Not bad at all.
I reckon they might do something a bit funky with the rear quarterlight windows like the current Leon (which I've never really liked) though.
Yours looks pretty good Mark which is probably because it's very close to the mk1 so would get my vote.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
If you compare to the WCF spy shots, which look like the rear is a little 'built up' it could be close in profile.

Notice the spyshot Leon still has the door mounted mirrors, whereas the Toledo (and MissionL) have reverted back to standard fit.

1691284030408153927.jpg

92JSS

Sep 8, 2011
Not a big fan of this new toledo, but glad that theyve taken it back to more of a Leon looking car than an Altea, that was truely rank.

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
I'm liking it - Seeing the in life photos from Geneva tonight is really making me keep an eye on this come new car time.

Now lets see the spec's/powerplants in mind for it :)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
SEAT UK PR posted up a few snapshots on Twitter tonight at the VW pre media day event. We already shared them on Facebook, but i've linked the snaps here now.

429526_10150566677926008_111762091007_9248057_1244782150_n.jpg

428350_10150566773481008_111762091007_9248438_1789129755_n.jpg

AndyT_UK

Jan 21, 2011
YO30 / YO25
I also like it. It seemed to get slated on Autocar reader revies online though, but sometimes I think people can never say anything nice if they know its a SEAT. Lets not forget too, that this car is probably more for those countries which like a booted 4-door style (despite being a hatch) such as Eastern Europe, Russia and Mexico, so it can only be good news for the worldwide sales.

Last edited:
i'm not sure, looks like a Ibiza saloon, I prefer the Skoda version. With Skoda the mission concept is designed to sit between the Fabia and Octavia, i'll wait to see what it looks like in real life but its not something i would consider - oh and the dash looks like (speedo/rev) looks like the Mk4 Golf's

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
I also like it. It seemed to get slated on Autocar reader revies online though, but sometimes I think people can never say anything nice if they know its a SEAT. Lets not forget too, that this car is probably more for those countries which like a booted 4-door style (despite being a hatch) such as Eastern Europe, Russia and Mexico, so it can only be good news for the worldwide sales.

They'll be all over it in the Republic of Ireland as well, they love small saloons. North of the border is a different story.

6th.replicant

May 29, 2008
London
Sorry, but IMHO it looks bland - a VW/Skoda 'lite'. The Toldeo IV is not exactly in keeping with the themes proposed by the Tango and IBE concepts.

I guess VW Group's plan for Seat to be a Fiat-Alfa rival has been dropped - why?

If Audi is the rival for BMW and Mercedes, while VW has Audi quality (almost) but suits punters who don't want an overt 'statement car' - in effect, VW is now the 'anti-Yuppy' choice for the quality conscious.

Meanwhile, Skoda slots into VW's old quality/functional role to rival Opel-Vauxhall, Ford, Peugeot-Citroën and Renault.

But what about a VW Group brand to rival Fiat-Alfa? What about punters who don't want a 'cold' Northern European-style car but prefer some Mediterranean joie de vie or, indeed, some Auto Emoción?

I suspect Fiat-Alfa's management must be smiling/relieved, while folks who bought into Auto Emoción are scratching their heads.

By turning Seat into a producer of low(er) cost, bland VW/Skoda clones, I assume VW Group obviously knows something the rest of us don't? :confused:

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members