New SEAT world premier at paris motorshow

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I expect it will be affordable, even as the outgoing A4 chassis it'll be in a class lead position as long as its affordable.

But I'm not sure if people will look at it and think, great it's an Audi with a SEAT badge, but for the same money I can buy a year old A4 with the 4 rings on the front.

Poverty

Whahoooooooooooo after years of waiting:funk::happy:
:seatgod:

Petrols 102bhp-200bhp
Diesals 120bhp 170bhp all common rail

http://66.102.9.104/translate_c?hl=en&sl=es&tl=en&u=http://www.km77.com/00/seat/exeo/2009/t01.asp&usg=ALkJrhj_F8Ddn6FLxGGtBiBnYvptnwAawQ

001.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

007.jpg

100.jpg

101.jpg

you keep on beating me!

Lovely interior

Leonidas

They say it's from 22000 euro. Dont know what that is in pounds. Probably about £15000.
you keep on beating me!
well I am a fanatic :seatgod:

Leonidas

I was hoping they would get rid of the 1.6mpi 102ps and start with the 1.4tsi 125ps.
I thought they might put the 2.0tfsi 211ps in cause it has lower emmisions than the 200ps and will be far cheaper to buy and tax over here.

Leonidas

SEAT presents the new sporty limousine Exeo in Paris

# The first SEAT limousine in the B segment
# The first SEAT model with common rail diesel engines of a new generation
# SEAT’s first navigation with infotainment for MP3, MPEG4, IPOD, USB, Bluetooth

Martorell, 1st October 2008 – On the Paris Motor Show (04th - 19th of October) SEAT presents for the first time the new Exeo to the international public. By this new sporty middle class limousine, the Spanish car manufacturer extends its model range, offering for the first time a limousine in the important B-segment.

Erich Schmitt, the SEAT President affirms, regarding the target group for the new vehicle: “With the Exeo we are offering a car for dynamic and sporty drivers of the B segment. Furthermore now we have a vehicle for our current customers who are ascending from the A segment. The Exeo is also an interesting alternative for quality aware company car drivers who are looking for driving fun but who are cost aware and pay attention to low fuel consumption and low emissions.”

The most important characteristics of this about 4,60m long sporty limousine are the dynamic and elegant design, a very agile and secure conduction, high comfort and a dynamic and environmental sound engine range. The new EXEO will be launched with three petrol-engines (from 75kW / 102 HP to 147 kW / 200 HP) and three common rail Diesel engines of latest generation (from 88 kW / 120 HP to 125 kW / 170 HP). Five of these six engines are turbo engines. This means: more performance but less fuel consumption and less emission. All six EXEO engines fulfil the future Euro 5 standard.

Concerning the vehicle features the Exeo offers a latest generation navigation system, a new infotainment system with multiple functions and connections (MP3, MPEG4, IPOD, USB, Bluetooth), as well as for the first time a sun roof with solar cells powering a ventilation system.

The four-link front suspension as well as a trapezoidal link rear suspension assures sporty driving dynamics and agile handling.

The new Exeo offers top technology and top quality. The vehicle will be manufactured in Martorell (near Barcelona, Spain) with the same quality assurance processes due to which the Ibiza is in leading position in its segment.

The new SEAT Exeo will be available as of spring 2009 in three versions: Reference, Stylance and Sport with an entry price of about 22.000 Euros.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
SEAT ENTERS A NEW MARKET SEGMENT WITH THE NEW Audi A4 EXEO

SEAT have revealed the Exeo ahead of its international public unveiling at the Paris motor show (Oct 04-19th). By introducing this new sporty middle class limousine sector, the Spanish car manufacturer extends its model range, offering for the first time a product in the important B-segment.

Read more at SEATCupra.net...

Poverty

I was hoping they would get rid of the 1.6mpi 102ps and start with the 1.4tsi 125ps.
I thought they might put the 2.0tfsi 211ps in cause it has lower emmisions than the 200ps and will be far cheaper to buy and tax over here.

does seem a bit odd. Will wait for the press release to see what they say!

Leonidas

SEAT presents the new sporty limousine Exeo in Paris

# The first SEAT limousine in the B segment
# The first SEAT model with common rail diesel engines of a new generation
# SEAT’s first navigation with infotainment for MP3, MPEG4, IPOD, USB, Bluetooth

Martorell, 1st October 2008 – On the Paris Motor Show (04th - 19th of October) SEAT presents for the first time the new Exeo to the international public. By this new sporty middle class limousine, the Spanish car manufacturer extends its model range, offering for the first time a limousine in the important B-segment.

Erich Schmitt, the SEAT President affirms, regarding the target group for the new vehicle: “With the Exeo we are offering a car for dynamic and sporty drivers of the B segment. Furthermore now we have a vehicle for our current customers who are ascending from the A segment. The Exeo is also an interesting alternative for quality aware company car drivers who are looking for driving fun but who are cost aware and pay attention to low fuel consumption and low emissions.”

The most important characteristics of this about 4,60m long sporty limousine are the dynamic and elegant design, a very agile and secure conduction, high comfort and a dynamic and environmental sound engine range. The new EXEO will be launched with three petrol-engines (from 75kW / 102 HP to 147 kW / 200 HP) and three common rail Diesel engines of latest generation (from 88 kW / 120 HP to 125 kW / 170 HP). Five of these six engines are turbo engines. This means: more performance but less fuel consumption and less emission. All six EXEO engines fulfil the future Euro 5 standard.

Concerning the vehicle features the Exeo offers a latest generation navigation system, a new infotainment system with multiple functions and connections (MP3, MPEG4, IPOD, USB, Bluetooth), as well as for the first time a sun roof with solar cells powering a ventilation system.

The four-link front suspension as well as a trapezoidal link rear suspension assures sporty driving dynamics and agile handling.

The new Exeo offers top technology and top quality. The vehicle will be manufactured in Martorell (near Barcelona, Spain) with the same quality assurance processes due to which the Ibiza is in leading position in its segment.

The new SEAT Exeo will be available as of spring 2009 in three versions: Reference, Stylance and Sport with an entry price of about 22.000 Euros.

Well thats from the media site above

Poverty

oh right. Question is though, do they mean the 197hp 2.0T or the 206hp one? The latter being the EA888.

Cant wait for a cupra :D

Leonidas

:doh: EA888 thats wat I ment. I think its emmisions are below 155

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
certainly a Cupra would have to have a fair whack of power to get the lardy arse shifting

All part of VW's masterplan to shift all those Passat R36 engines they won't be needing.

I'd love to know who in the PR department settled on that really bland blue colour for the shots. Looks like it was originally silver (which would have been worse, in fairness) and they've recoloured it.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
quite likely - most of the images have been p-shopped

no dynamic line is a suprise, but then the A4 didn't come with one and I don't think they bothered much with the "styling"

sosidge

Jun 5, 2004
Great.

An old-style Audi A4 with the new Ibiza's ugly headlamps and the bootlid of the old Cordoba.
:shrug:

Thanks VAG - the Skoda brand could handle the drab Superb. I thought SEAT was about "emocion", not parts bin specials. I've seen more handsome creations from the Koreans.

This is probably going to set a record as the least successful small executive car ever, and bring the popularity of the Leon et al down with it. Unless the motorsport pullout and recession hasn't already killed them that is.

Last edited:

Poverty

im really surprised how much people hate this car for the fact its based on audi's past top selling A4. The B7 dont forget outsold the 3 series and c-class in the UK, and its design for audi atleast was a massive hit.

However the conservative understated look doesnt fit in with the rest of the range.

They've have to do an FR first, and I can't see what they'd do - certainly a Cupra would have to have a fair whack of power to get the lardy arse shifting

Will FR still exist? There is no evidence of that so far in the new ibiza. Perhaps FR models of the future will be equivelant to audi's s-line, and SEAT will have cupra and cupra-R or something. All speculation of course on my part.

Cupra could use the 3.0 supercharged with 290hp. Would deffo need 4wd though.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.