New SEAT world premier at paris motorshow

Leonidas

Instead of posting a badly formatted press release, why not just post a link to our main site instead. Believe me far more people will read it.

Sorry:doh: Im not sure if I posted it before it was on the main site or not

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
That really is an A4! All they've done is changed the front end, airbag, rear lights, tailgate, and rear bumper...even the rear quarter looks the same.

Very very lazy SEAT, but the old A4 is a good car, and I'm glad SEAT didn't ruin its looks too much! And great for anyone wanting to bling up their Exeo as anything A4 will fit!

But I'm not sure if people will look at it and think, great it's an Audi with a SEAT badge, but for the same money I can buy a year old A4 with the 4 rings on the front.

Unfortunately you're right, and this will be the Exeos downfall in the retail market. 1 year German built or new Spanish built? I know what I'd have! Lets hope they're cheap on lease/taxi finance so its some form of success.

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I don't want to put the mockers on it too much, I guess it depends how they price it and market it.

An old A4 is still a great car especially if its less than new Mondeo money for example.

Shame they couldn't also be a Quattro version.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Oh I don't mean to knock it either, my boss has an 08 A4 S-Line and I really like it.

The trouble is, rebranded old model cars never do well in our market. Kia Pride, Proton Satria, Daewoo Nexia for example. Yeah they're budget brands, but SEAT is definately the budget brand in the group now. We all know what the press are like, I think they'll give SEAT a real hard time.

Skisbp

My 2 pents...

Not that I can't see where many are coming from pegging the Exeo as a renamed A4... Yet when you think about it VAG has always done this platform sharing thing better than anyone else.

On a positive note! When all things are considered the other B-segment corporate cousins Passat/Superb... Didn't get to use the A4's platform in their newest generations but only a enlarged Golf underpinnings. Can recall quite a few complaints on this front!!!

The problem this time is they're doing it using the platform of a replaced model . Besides rather than the "hat concept" they usually employ this is more of just a make-up touch-up affair! From what we've seen so far looks like they've given us a less than well received Ibiza esque front clip, with the interior coming out of the old A4 Cabrio, & the rear clip just doesn't seem to have any family genes... Oh the side mirrors now sprout from the lower half of the doors(iches). Think that sums it up someone will help me out if they've noticed some other changes.

When carefully considered whom the market is for such a car. They've probably come quite close to hitting the nail on the head. It's a salesman's runabout, high mileage lease!
They've confirmed this with the pathetic petrol engine line-up. The only modern engines will be the CR deisels...
Missing one very important ingredient "RESALE-VALUE"!!!

iain1970

I ♥ TDI
Apr 19, 2005
The Wrong side of the Pennines
EXEO is surely a translation of TAXI in some language or other, that's all it desrves to be. SEAT deserve a kick in the nads for it. Absolutely no imagination whatsoever and not even the slightest attempt to disguise the donor car. Mercedes managed an excellent attempt at selling the old E-Class with the 300C, and the new Superb is also a fine rebody job.

This car proves that SEAT are now the poor mans Skoda.

WaveyDaveyGravy

But I'm so tasty
Jan 3, 2006
Shipley
Not that I can't see where many are coming from pegging the Exeo as a renamed A4... Yet when you think about it VAG has always done this platform sharing thing better than anyone else.

On a positive note! When all things are considered the other B-segment corporate cousins Passat/Superb... Didn't get to use the A4's platform in their newest generations but only a enlarged Golf underpinnings. Can recall quite a few complaints on this front!!!

The problem this time is they're doing it using the platform of a replaced model . Besides rather than the "hat concept" they usually employ this is more of just a make-up touch-up affair! From what we've seen so far looks like they've given us a less than well received Ibiza esque front clip, with the interior coming out of the old A4 Cabrio, & the rear clip just doesn't seem to have any family genes... Oh the side mirrors now sprout from the lower half of the doors(iches). Think that sums it up someone will help me out if they've noticed some other changes.

When carefully considered whom the market is for such a car. They've probably come quite close to hitting the nail on the head. It's a salesman's runabout, high mileage lease!
They've confirmed this with the pathetic petrol engine line-up. The only modern engines will be the CR deisels...
Missing one very important ingredient "RESALE-VALUE"!!!

The whole point with platform sharing that VW have done so well is that everything you see is different (body/interior), everything you don't is the same (oily bits). They haven't done it with this, which is why it's not platform sharing but platform donation. Poor.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Looks pretty cool in the front 3/4 view in black with big rims...

so maybe my POV will change

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
All part of VW's masterplan to shift all those Passat R36 engines they won't be needing.

I'd love to know who in the PR department settled on that really bland blue colour for the shots. Looks like it was originally silver (which would have been worse, in fairness) and they've recoloured it.

I get to spend a portion of my day reading press releases now and these must be the most dismal Photoshopped images I've ever seen from a manufacture. Appalling. Have SEAT Marketing already given up on it.

Sorry, but its a bit poor isn't it. They havent even tried to disguise its an Audi A4 (and one thats essentially 7 years old). You would have thought they would have tweaked the body mouldings, side sill etc.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I get to spend a portion of my day reading press releases now and these must be the most dismal Photoshopped images I've ever seen from a manufacture. Appalling. Have SEAT Marketing already given up on it.

Sorry, but its a bit poor isn't it. They havent even tried to disguise its an Audi A4 (and one thats essentially 7 years old). You would have thought they would have tweaked the body mouldings, side sill etc.

I was disappointed too, that they hadn't put a little more effort into making it more of a SEAT product. It's got to rank as one of the laziest products I've yet seen come out of Martorell. Especially if you compare that to the new Ibiza which i think is a very nice fresh looking car especially the Sport Coupe.

It's redeeming factor will be it's price I guess, it's still a good car if the price is competitive, I just fear though that some people might look past it at a nearly new or 12-18 month old A4 instead, because that will have the 4 rings on the front.

No doubt it will be well specced as all SEAT's seem to be, but like you Andy I was hoping for a little more creativity with this platform. It appears aged before it's even released.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
More pics of the EXEO

A few more pics of the EXEO at Paris.

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Larger images in the Gallery >>here<<

Cupramax

Uber pimp meister
Aug 1, 2001
Be interesting to see if they've used the same quality materials as the A4, that dash is out of the Cabrio not the normal A4. The one in mine feels really top quality and has a very soft touch finish. Kind of reminds me when the mk1 Toledo was launched. If they did a decent Cupra version I might be interested in this... Perhaps they should have located the SEAT "S" in front and called it the Sexeo :D

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise