new stereo

mark.w

Just bought a new stereo and i cant seem to get it too sit into the hole correctly, it seems like there is not enough room for wires. Also the plastic sleeve underneath wont go in.

anyone with any ideas or help on ways to solve the problem? cheers

shox

had a bit of a same issue when i attached my head unit. the space on the back is indeed limited. What i did in the first place was to squeeze the cables and iso connectors to the left side on the back, there is some small space there where all the cables would fit.

After a couple of weeks, i bought a parrot car kit (which has loads of cables and plugs), which i ended up squeezing under the black empty compartment, right behind the climate control unit. The cables that had to go up to the head unit found their way from the left back (again, same space).

Good luck!

dash

Feb 11, 2006
surrey
It is a very tight squeeze indeed. I fitted a sony cd player recently and just got my 5 channel alpine V12 amp fitted few days ago, with two sets of RCA plugs. There is room though but you will have to push all cables and plugs through the hole at the back as you are pushing the unit into the dash, of course the little tray need to come off to have access to the back. Good luck!

mark.w

cheers for the advice.

Got another issue now tho:confused: The stereo that ive fitted is a dvd player but the problem is the dvd's wont play unless u have a wire connected to ur handbrake, is there anyway i can bypass this? cheers

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
cheers for the advice.

Got another issue now tho:confused: The stereo that ive fitted is a dvd player but the problem is the dvd's wont play unless u have a wire connected to ur handbrake, is there anyway i can bypass this? cheers

The instructions will tell you if the wire should be GROUND or LIVE for dvd operation.

Depending on the instructions - ground it permanently or give it a live feed.

Arnoldo

Diesel Fr :D
Mar 22, 2009
N.Ireland
The instructions will tell you if the wire should be GROUND or LIVE for dvd operation.

Depending on the instructions - ground it permanently or give it a live feed.

Yup. Basically tricking the system in thinking you are parked ;)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.