Newbie from Newcastle(ish)!

HeronFR

Mar 5, 2014
Newcastle
Hello all, I thought I'd best introduce myself before posting things and people having no idea who I am.

My name's Alex, I'm 19 and I live in Morpeth (15 miles north of Newcastle).

I'm picking up my 08 plate White MK4 1.9 FR tomorrow night... Excited is not the word!

The car is standard with black wheels and a black FR stripe along each side... It had a stripe down the middle but the lad I'm buying it off had it removed. ( I'd post a pic but I'm not allowed for another 14 posts :( )

Thinking of doing a few cheap things to the car as I'm short of cash for anything big at the minute so any suggestions are welcome and appreciated!

Cheers.

EDIT: Small pic in the avatar!

Last edited:

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Welcome :)

Sounds a nice car, I'm sure you'll find lots of useful information on here!

We'll no doubt hold another north easy meet soon (last one being Washington) so would be good to see you there!

I'm 20 with a mk2 leon FR tdi :)

HeronFR

Mar 5, 2014
Newcastle
Cheers mate. Aye I'll see what I can do!

How much is your insurance on that? Quotes for me on a Leon FR were far too much... Luckily got insured on this for £830 and it's the first policy I've owned! (Named driver on my Mam before hand.. heheh)

Getting the car for £5250 with 50k miles on too which I'm pretty satisfied with.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Mine is £830, insured when I was 19 last year. I've got 2 years NCB though :)

That doesn't sound too bad, I hope you enjoy it! Make sure you post photos when you can :)

HeronFR

Mar 5, 2014
Newcastle
I've ordered some new license plate bulbs already, looking to get a front splitter as well but I'm not the most mechanically minded to fit it haha, might take me a while...

HeronFR

Mar 5, 2014
Newcastle
Finally hit 15 posts so here's a couple pics...

Stripes began to come off a week before I bought the car, previous owner said he took it to a jet wash and it peeled em off, however his Dad said he'd pay for those...

Looking to lower it without coilies (advice needed), tint my tail lights black, in the process of replacing my license plate bulbs, and want some HIDs. The car is already remapped to around 170. Feels a bit quicker to be honest.

All alloys are under a year old as previous owner had his car put on bricks in Jesmond (lolz) and claimed for new ones.

a3zgc6.jpg

10wigdi.jpg

Greavesy

Jun 30, 2013
Donny
Al'reet pet!

Welcome to the forum, our lass is from Ashington, not far from you. we're up north fairly regularly.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise