Newbie waiting on FR550

andyffc

Hi everyone. Newbie here who needs some help.

I am expecting delivery very soon of a FR550, but have been told it may have a DPF filter.

What is this, and fr someone whom will be doing waaayyyy more milage than the lease company allows, is it going to effect me?

Also wanted to know if there is anything basic i can get done to it to increase power?

Thanks.

andyffc

There is no 'may' about it.

All FR 170Tdi's have it fitted as standard - should help it if you're doing lots of miles :)

Hi nick, thanks for the reply.

What does this filter do exactly then? and am I gonna have to alter my driving style because of it?

andyffc

Great.

I wish I knew about tjhis before.

I really dont care about the enviroment so is there any way I can just get rid of this filter?

I'm driving a 57 plate IS220d at the moment and am begining to wish I had just extended the lease on that.

clarkeg

Jul 27, 2008
Armagh, N. Ireland
there are companies out there working on ways to remove the dpf but i dont think anything has come out yet to completely take it out of the loop. I think miltek are working on a system at the moment.

sdownie1

Jul 23, 2008
scotland
I was in the same boat as you i bought an FR and new nothing about the DPF , when i found out as i do short journeys mostly i was a bit wary of this.I have had the car 4 months DPF light on once which a quick blast down the motorway sorted out :).There seems to be problems with DPF on some FR cars and others seem to suffer little . You can have your FR remapped to over 200 bhp but this also causes more soot and the DPF to clog quicker,i think the recommended max bhp is 212 bhp because of this filter [:@] search the forums you will find lots of info on this.Apart from this it is a good fast car so enjoy.:D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise