newbie with a problem p0444

jotdan_berry

hi guys just wanting a little advice on how to go about fixing this problem. bought the car a week agi all was fine till it cut out ran a diagnosis on it came back with p0444 evaparative emissions system purge control valve circuit open. thanks in advance for any help

jotdan_berry

alright wicked and will that be responsible for the cutting out and worse case where can i get a purge valve as iv googled it and cant find anything about this hence the thread.

thanks

ibizacuprabates

Mar 13, 2012
hull
I would of thought it wud be why it's cutting out. I'd start by ringing seat and asking them about the part. Start by finding the valve first. If u type in seat p0444 on google u will find a pic of it on a Audi forum then find the valve n check the wiring I think there maybe a fuse involved too so check them. But I've never come across it so ant sure really just shat I've read in the last few mins

jotdan_berry

nice one man much appreciated cant waitto geg this problem fixed then can start spending some money on a few cheeky mods ;)

jotdan_berry

not too sure tbh mate cos its an old car somebodies already played with it a lil I mainly just wanna clean the engine up a lil few silocone pipes possibly an induction kit matching colour then get it remapped but need to see cos the guys already had the secondaty knduction kit off si might ofbhad it remapped and I dont know how to check lol as u can see im excited its my first fast car previously had a 1.2 clio hahawhat aboyt you wahg h got?

stu92

Jul 23, 2013
oh right not bad yeah they are good cars and going from a 1.2 must feel like a rocket ship :) i got a mk3 ibiza cupra 1.9L 20vt with a garrett gtx3071R running 506bhp :D

jotdan_berry

thats actually ridiculous! I wouldnt know what to do with that much power! im just hoping ti get mine running at about 230-250 tops and ill be happy gotta get this purge valve problem sorted before I pht any money into it though!

stu92

Jul 23, 2013
Yeah it is really :S only comes out when the weather is perfect to be honest :) yeah what turbo you got ko3s what car is it on again ?

jotdan_berry

ita a seat leon 1.8t 20v auq cupra amd im not sure tbh I think its that one im new tk it all so gotta get sone homework done!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.