Puddle Surfer

May 27, 2020
Hi all,

Been visiting the site as a guest for a bit now & thought its about time I signed up! My daily driver (otherwise known as my van) is a 2015 Leon ST FR 150. I previously had a basic Leon ST as a company car and enjoyed it enough to get another one when time came up to change my personal motor again - but had to upgrade to the FR of course! Other cars I've had have all been runarounds (couple of 90's Corsas, an Astra Coupe Turbo & a modded MGZR - which was the last members club I was a part of around 12-13 years ago!!).

I'm based down south in the London area so let me know if "meets" are still a thing & any going on!

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Welcome to the community and thanks for signing up!

We're hoping meets will return when the COVID stuff gets better and we get back to some kind of normal. Keep an eye on the meets forum.

Cheers,

Scott

Puddle Surfer

May 27, 2020
Welcome to the community and thanks for signing up!

We're hoping meets will return when the COVID stuff gets better and we get back to some kind of normal. Keep an eye on the meets forum.

Cheers,

Scott

Oh yeah of course once all this is over, just wasn't sure if car meets were still a thing!

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net

Puddle Surfer

May 27, 2020
They did die down for us for many years, but the last few years until COVID hit have been our busiest meets yet. We even had the biggest turnout at a non VAG meet which was quite funny.

We had lots planned for this year and next year is our 20th Anniversary so we're hoping to have some great things lined up.

Meets forum to see some past events

Cheers,

Scott

Good stuff, I'll be sure to go thru. Nice to hear meets are still a thing, they were a massive part of my growing up in & around car clubs from the second I had my licence (usually around the nice local chavvy scene at Southend!)

Maybe a daft question so please shoot me down if so but........ what is VAG? or more specifically the G!!! I get Volkswagen, Audi but the G has always got me!! I used to think Golf but obviously that's covered in V!

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Hi. It's Volkswagen Audi Group. :)
Whilst known as this, also...the legal wording named in Volkswagen AG (VAG) lies in the word 'Aktiengesellschaft' shortened to 'AG' which means "company limited by shares". Porsche AG (PAG) for example is the same and has nothing directly to do with Audi, I'm a supplier to both. BMW AG, Daimler AG etc.....

Reactions: Syphon
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members