No Eibach Coliovers For My Toledo Sport Due To No Tuv Test

SHADY-NINJA

Feb 14, 2005
London
www.airconmedic.co.uk
PLEASE TRY TO ADDRESS MY QUESTION
You wont beleive it i wanted to get these coilovers for my seat toledo 1.820vt but eibach said they will not honour any warrantee claims if i went ahead and fitted them.
they said the reason is that eicach have not TUV tested it on the MK2 toledo 1.8t but they only tested it on the leon 1.8t.
the irony here is that the same kit was TUV tested on and fits the golf mk4 1.8t and the bora 1.8t.
is eibach just trying to wash this hands off toledos.
the toledo and the leon have the same have the same set up as the golf 4 and are the same car underneath.
my question is if i went ahead and fitted them would they work.
has any on been in this dilemma.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I think they'll be too soft if they're intended for a Leon - the rear axle has more load on it.

BigBoysToysJay

Hi

There should be no problem fitting these coilovers, the only reason Eibach do not offer a TUV approved kit is because they have not tested it on the Toledo. I am sure the Eibach coilovers will be perfectly fine as they list the same shocks and springs (with same part numbers) for both the Leon and Toledo.

The only TUV approved kits I can find listed are KW and H&R. If you are after using them on the track then the KW variant 2's would be ideal as they are damping adjustable aswell.

Hope this is of help, hope to see you soon.
Jay

SHADY-NINJA

Feb 14, 2005
London
www.airconmedic.co.uk
I dont really intend to use them heavily for track days or win races.
Its more like 10% track days (4 times a year) to just aquaint myself more with the cars characteristics of the cars chassis.
i want superior handling as well on the open roads.
Another reason im choosing eibach is that when im done with the car i can then recover some of my money back by selling them on.

BigBoysToysJay

Hi

The Eibach's do sound like they will do everything you are after, they are good enough for occasional track use and will be perfect for road use.

Jay