No one porting Chinafold due to quality issues.

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Yeh could do with more torque but it was only a base map due to a couple vacuum issues it had back then. Could prob get a bit more as Niki said it was easy but be was holding it back a bit.

Yes it's fast but could be faster. Be nice to have 350 with a hybrid. Once diff and gearbox rebuild done should feel better too.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex

Nope.
It depending on where you are based you could also look at Owen Developments nr Oxford.
Very reputable guys.
Supply turbos to BTCC and Indy lites as well.
They also recondition and probably comes out better the. Original.
I was using them until they found mine to be a Chinese Christmas cracker special. ( had been sold to me as a reconditioned KO4 by a supposedly good firm )
Had to bite the bullet and buy new in the end.
They had one for me in under 4 days.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Guys this may seem like a stupid question lots of people are now telling me the relentless V3 can't be ported but from what I can tell they can but only around the collector

So whacking a new Hybrid AET 380 on (for arguments sake) a non ported relentless 3 would that be bad? I'm imagining it won't be the most efficient but will still bit 330 surely.

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Nope.
It depending on where you are based you could also look at Owen Developments nr Oxford.
Very reputable guys.
Supply turbos to BTCC and Indy lites as well.
They also recondition and probably comes out better the. Original.
I was using them until they found mine to be a Chinese Christmas cracker special. ( had been sold to me as a reconditioned KO4 by a supposedly good firm )
Had to bite the bullet and buy new in the end.
They had one for me in under 4 days.

So a true reconditioned one as opposed to a AET 380 or something will still surely give a good 10-15 bhp extra surely as it is enhanced slightly?

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
So a true reconditioned one as opposed to a AET 380 or something will still surely give a good 10-15 bhp extra surely as it is enhanced slightly?

Not certain. Don’t know where these turbos top out tbh.
Others would know but I believe the bearing etc are all top notch replacements. Going to work properly and as new, I would say as a minimum expectation.
There are cars out there on stock KO4 turbos that exceed 300 with manis, spacers etc etc.
All about the flow isn’t it.
Bill @Badger5 had that as a strap line if I remember.
When I did a decat and re ran on the dynos my car gave 13 extra ponies and over 20lbs of torque on the same map.
Think with rods and mani mine would get V close to 300 on stock turbo.
Hybrid after that though.

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Here is a porter Chinafold for sale

a0eb35553b3f1f9a215080053eb2b2c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.