Noisy wiper blades !

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Grease is the major factor, give them a good clean with vinegar or proper window cleaner. I'm assuming it's a squeak rather than a grind?

p0lt3rg31st

Hello,
I have the same issue, I tried cleaning them but they are still screeching and also leaving lines behind. Its really getting on my nerves.. Thank god for loud music ;p

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Hello,
I have the same issue, I tried cleaning them but they are still screeching and also leaving lines behind. Its really getting on my nerves.. Thank god for loud music ;p

Leaving lines behind is a sure sign they need to be replaced. Basically something has torn the rubber blade, either because it was used on a very dirty screen, or more likely an icy screen.

I did swap mine over recently, and for £12 for a pair of Bosch blades they have made a huge difference.

p0lt3rg31st

Its really shame they overlooked this detail..
I guess i should change them soon because its getting frustrating!
When there is enough water on the windshield the wipers seem to move more smoothly

mr.Linatsa69

Turn the radio on!!! LOL!!!

This is solution for other problems too! :p

Ramseyman

I've had my new Ibiza Chill only a few weeks and hadn't needed to use wipers until today, they seem quite noisy and sometimes judder, also a bang/knock every time the blades change direction, particularly noticable on intermittent wipe.
The normal continuous mode also seems a bit fast (compared to the polo I had previously).

bigman75

Jul 21, 2009
Wolverhampton
I bought Seat branded ones. Probably cost me more but there we go. Any idea who makes them? Bosch maybe :shrug:

I had the same problem as the OP. New blade sorted the noise and streaking.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members