Not starting!! help please

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
ok so i started and drove the car this morning and when i switched the car off i came back to start it and everything was normal, as in doors unlocked fine with remote, lights came on dash but when turning key to crank it over nothing happened. was not even trying to crank over. checked battery which is absolutely fine...i managed to get it started with a bit of a push and jumping it in gear. drove fine but still not starting?
any ideas im thinking the starter motor but how would i be sure?

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
ye fixed the problem yesterday, was driving and electrics started playing up, knew straight away it was a ground wire checked them and found the starter motor to chassis ground wire had brojken off, now fixed up!

ding-dong

Feb 27, 2008
Manchester
Just come to my car today and having the exact same symptoms, car was fine yesterday, not had any problems before today with anything electrical.
Had a look under the bonnet and cant see anything obvious broken off? Where is this ground wire located?
Any other advice?

Edit: Think ive not even been looking at the starter motor but the alternator...Can someone please shed some light on the location of the start please, a pic would be ideal. Wish there was a picture of the engine bay with parts labelled for newbs like me

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
Just come to my car today and having the exact same symptoms, car was fine yesterday, not had any problems before today with anything electrical.
Had a look under the bonnet and cant see anything obvious broken off? Where is this ground wire located?
Any other advice?

Edit: Think ive not even been looking at the starter motor but the alternator...Can someone please shed some light on the location of the start please, a pic would be ideal. Wish there was a picture of the engine bay with parts labelled for newbs like me

sorry for the late reply, its actually under your battery cover, need to get the battery out then take the cover off and you will see it, most probably will be the cause. alot of people put water in the washer fluid and when it spills it dribbles onto the wire allowing rust to build onto it and eventually weaken to the point it snaps off.hope you get it sorted

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise