NOTE: Leaky Pollen Filter=Steamy Car

TWR_Jaguar

Finally got the car to demist properly. I had the leaky footwell problem and sorted it out last week. However, since the filter was damp, hardly any air was blowing out of the vents.
Just put a new filter in and hey presto, demist works now.

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
Finally got the car to demist properly. I had the leaky footwell problem and sorted it out last week. However, since the filter was damp, hardly any air was blowing out of the vents.
Just put a new filter in and hey presto, demist works now.

thanks a lot for this thread! iv been racking my brains thinking about how to stop the bleedin mist... im off to get a new pollen filter tomorrow :D

OFI

Sep 5, 2007
Salisbury
But the pollen filter shouldn't be wet ;)

Mine was drenched.. still need to put my new one in actually :whistle:

Any advice on getting the STUPID filter holder/channel thing back to the right shape. I suspect much like many mine has previously been fitted incorrectly so getting it in AND correct is a bit of a task.

Seems like such a crap design..

TWR_Jaguar

Theres a plastic guard clipped into the same place where the front of the pollen filter clips into. Makes it easier to reach into the back and check that the back clips are in.
It is hard to do the rubber cover. I just keep wiggling it about

OFI

Sep 5, 2007
Salisbury
Unfortunately mine has obviously been fitted incorrectly many times before. This has caused the rubber to take a new squashed shape. Thus wiggling it can't ensure it goes into place correctly, I have to poke it with small sticks and scrape the skin off all my fingers. Superb design.

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
i also did mine last week it wont leak again tho tiger seal a gearbox repairers dream and as for the pollen filter left mine out you dont need it any way

OFI

Sep 5, 2007
Salisbury
i also did mine last week it wont leak again tho tiger seal a gearbox repairers dream and as for the pollen filter left mine out you dont need it any way

Having followed several dirty dervs recently with it not fitted mine is going back in...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise