Number plates

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
i cant picture a spanish plate tbh but they arent embossed i dont think just a plastic plate with different spacing

i have german plates and i think they are mint
u could buy german one and get an Espaniol euro sticker i guess

C3 LJG

Serial Speeder
Dec 23, 2003
Chandlers Ford
www.cardomain.com
I have german plates with no stickers on and do prefer them as i hate the blue on the ends!

NORICE.jpg

Got mine from www.germanplates.com

TheOtherSimon

Jul 12, 2004
Scotty_b said:
Are these road legal? just wondering because if they are i may invest in a set! as i need a set of legal plates!

No. And it's an offence to supply illegal plates in England and Wales.

Simon.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
TheOtherSimon said:
No. And it's an offence to supply illegal plates in England and Wales.

Simon.

No its not. Its illegal to sell plates from road use.

these are branded 'show plates'.

I do like them tho. I might get a set.

TheOtherSimon

Jul 12, 2004
PhilW said:
No its not. Its illegal to sell plates from road use.
these are branded 'show plates'.
I do like them tho. I might get a set.

Sadly the law changed last year, and there no longer such a thing as 'show plates'. They are illegal to sell in England and Wales whatever you call them.

You can out course sell what you like in Scotland and Northern Irleand.

Simon.

flashbsd

hm having non gb ones myself, im quite interested in the german plates, just simply white and orange ones, my old motorbike has metal embossed ones, so no reason why they are not read legal.

moonman374

Feb 14, 2005
when you order them just request the spain gb logo. i spoke to them on phone and they said thats fine. and they came with it on. think when you order there is a space for any special wants like the 'E'

Turbo ZR

Ibiza Newbie
Jul 5, 2005
Cambs, UK
TheOtherSimon said:
Sadly the law changed last year, and there no longer such a thing as 'show plates'. They are illegal to sell in England and Wales whatever you call them.

You can out course sell what you like in Scotland and Northern Irleand.

Simon.

Correct.

I got stopped with illegal 'show plates' twice last year. Because it's a private plate on a 3rd offence DVLA take the plate back and put it back up for sale. Seeing as it was a family chrimbo pressie a few years back and also an expensive plate i'm now confined to the legal variety of number plates :doh:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members