OBD Modifications

Zoidberg

Apr 20, 2021
Denmark
Seems fair. I've just looked up the manual and you can't even spec travel assist with the Mk4 Cupras... Which is strange because my dad's Formentor has it, and I quite like it. You can have PACC in the VZ2+ but not TA.

I bet it would be near impossible to find a Cupra steering wheel with capacitive then. Shame really.
I've seen a few around the interwebs, but they are not cheap!

I think most Cupra Leons in Denmark have TA!

davidgballester

Sep 3, 2021
Quick question I just thought of. Would one void their warranty if they changed their steering wheel for a capacitive one?

Zoidberg

Apr 20, 2021
Denmark
Absolutely.
I don't think it's that simple. The dealer would have to prove that the modification you made is the cause of the failure. So for instance, if your gearbox breaks under warranty, they cannot deny that claim just because you replaced the steering wheel, those two are not related. On the other hand, if you new steering wheel is faulty, don't expect Seat to replace it under warranty.

Same principle applies for any OBD modifications by the way.

Deleted member 123864

I don't think it's that simple. The dealer would have to prove that the modification you made is the cause of the failure. So for instance, if your gearbox breaks under warranty, they cannot deny that claim just because you replaced the steering wheel, those two are not related. On the other hand, if you new steering wheel is faulty, don't expect Seat to replace it under warranty.

Same principle applies for any OBD modifications by the way.
Other way around. It's up to you to prove that it didn't.

Tell

Staff member
Other way around. It's up to you to prove that it didn't.
In reality the vast majority of new cars aren't owned in the UK by the driver so embarking on big mods would be like knocking the walls down in a house you rented and then claiming subsidence wasn't down to you. Apart from minor tinkering with Obdeleven big mods on effective rental cars is problematic. For this reason some people on boards get hot and bothered on mods I reckon since they can't do it themselves due to ownership issues so reckon nobody else should either. A life of discussing which wax is right for them I reckon on "detailing" threads.

Widil

Jul 5, 2021
Tested today with my new steering wheel, works perfectly. So manual gearbox and TA is 👍
TA is really cool on Freeway. Thanks to Zoidberg and others who found the right coding :)
photos and videos

IMG_6915.JPG
IMG_6916.JPG

IMG_6917.JPG

Reactions: Swinners and Antera

davidgballester

Sep 3, 2021
Awesome man, congrats! Did u have heating in steering wheel before? If not, do u get error message now? What happens when u press the heating button?

Widil

Jul 5, 2021
Awesome man, congrats! Did u have heating in steering wheel before? If not, do u get error message now? What happens when u press the heating button?
nope, didnt have an heated steering wheel, so the connector is not plugged in and dont have, hence, an error

Widil

Jul 5, 2021
Also, you can see that my travel assist display is like the one Zoidberg has, contrary to Antera.

davidgballester

Sep 3, 2021
nope, didnt have an heated steering wheel, so the connector is not plugged in and dont have, hence, an error
So what happens when u click the button? Nothing? Or can u pick up calls with that button which is the action it previously had on the old steering wheel

Widil

Jul 5, 2021
So what happens when u click the button? Nothing? Or can u pick up calls with that button which is the action it previously had on the old steering wheel
didnt try the button, cause I've had no reason to, will try next time. But if the button is linked to the connector, I guess it will do nothing

Jan 14, 2022
Hey guys! Really considering to get an OBDeleven and wanted to ask if I would be able to enable Wireless CarPlay without having the wireless charger. Currently only wired CarPlay works and desperately want to make it work. Thanks!

Deleted member 123864

Wireless Carplay is not dependent on wireless charging.

However, I don't think wireless Carplay can be enabled by OBDEleven either. Edit: ignore me, follow FalconTech below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members