OBDeleven modifications

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
Trying to do the rain closing feature on my 14 plate leon fr.
Rain Closing
Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
Security access
Access code 31347
Adaptation
(15) Access Control 2-Regenschliessen_ein_aus
Value: Permanent
(16) Access Control 2-Regenschliessen_art
(28) Zugriffskontrolle 2-Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen
Value:Aktif
Control unit Long Coding
Subsystem: Rain / Light Sensor (RLS)
Byte 0
Bit 1-Bit 2 DeActivate

I cannot see the above text in bold.
Am i missing something ?

Deleted member 103408

Trying to do the rain closing feature on my 14 plate leon fr.
Rain Closing
Security access
Access code 31347
Adaptation
(15) Access Control 2-Regenschliessen_ein_aus
(16) Access Control 2-Regenschliessen_art
(28) Zugriffskontrolle 2-Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen
Value:Aktif
Control unit Long Coding
Byte 0
Bit 1-Bit 2 DeActivate

I cannot see the above text in bold.
Am i missing something ?

When you go to the control unit it should list your subsystems.

The other ones that the cars sometimes have are RLHS or RLFS.
There are some threads on here that confirm that this function does not work on all cars as the sensors dont support the window cliose function even though the coding is there.

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
When you go to the control unit it should list your subsystems.

The other ones that the cars sometimes have are RLHS or RLFS.
There are some threads on here that confirm that this function does not work on all cars as the sensors dont support the window cliose function even though the coding is there.

Thank you.
Strange that as my 2009 VW Scirocco had the rain closing feature.
Ah well not to worry.
Got a few things working so far.

Deleted member 103408

Thank you.
Strange that as my 2009 VW Scirocco had the rain closing feature.
Ah well not to worry.
Got a few things working so far.

Yes the newer cars seem to have the sensors that dont work, I also noted on some VW Sites that the auto roof facility has been removed due to a kid getting head stuck in it - but that is just hear say.

Did you try the coding but on your sensor, it might still work, I have never used it but as I say there are threads on here that tell you witch one does and does not work

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
Yes the newer cars seem to have the sensors that dont work, I also noted on some VW Sites that the auto roof facility has been removed due to a kid getting head stuck in it - but that is just hear say.

Did you try the coding but on your sensor, it might still work, I have never used it but as I say there are threads on here that tell you witch one does and does not work

Cheers.
Not sure what coding you mean ?
Have you a link so i can give it a go ?
Thanks.

Deleted member 103408

Same coding as you showed but instead of

Byte 0
Bit 1-Bit 2 DeActivate

you would go to your subsystem (RLHS or RLFS), assuming you have the sensor to start with.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Same coding as you showed but instead of

Byte 0
Bit 1-Bit 2 DeActivate

you would go to your subsystem (RLHS or RLFS), assuming you have the sensor to start with.

I noticed somewhere that u have coded in lane assist and traffic sign recognition. Do u have an extra sensor apart from the front brake assist and auto wipers/lights ones?

Deleted member 103408

I have Front Radar, and a bunch of sensors in the front windscreen cluster.

Nickbrapp

Apr 16, 2018
I tried to change the coming home/ leaving home lights to the fog lights. I wanted it to just be the DRL and fogs like you see on Audi’s etc, but now the low beam and fog lights come on.

Is it possible to use just fogs and DRL?

The car has the auto headlights setting and always had coming home lights using the low beams

Rob G

Apr 13, 2018
Quick question regarding obdeleven (standard version). I have just ordered a dongle and downloaded the app to have a look through before hand.
Looking at the 'XDS Interaction' app, I assume on the Cupra this will adjust the VAQ diff in place of the XDS? Is there a guide as to which level is equivalent to standard comfort/cupra etc settings? Also does the mod work across all drive profiles or only the one selected when performing it?
Been researching into this a little more over the weekend. As far as I can tell, the VAQ setting is not adjusted with OBDeleven (only the XDS).
One article I read on a US forum was saying you are better off actually turning down the XDS to allow the diff to do its thing. Does anyone on here have any experience/guidance on this?

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
I have Front Radar, and a bunch of sensors in the front windscreen cluster.
Ok thanks for that. Looks like Ive only got rain/light sensor and brake assist ones. I believe u can activate traffic signs but it just takes the speed limits from sat nav?

Deleted member 103408

Reactions: Rob G

Deleted member 103408

Ok thanks for that. Looks like Ive only got rain/light sensor and brake assist ones. I believe u can activate traffic signs but it just takes the speed limits from sat nav?

Makes sense as the settings allow you a number of options on where the data comes from.

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
Sorry for all the questions guys.
I am going to fit the rear tailgate upgrade struts that allow the tailgate to open to with the remote control.
Well i have just tried to open the tailgate holding the unlock button on the remote to test the feature before
i upgrade the struts.
All that happens is that the sunroof and both door windows start to open, the tailgate stays shut, does not pop at all.
Has anyone any idea whats happening ?
Cheers.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Sorry for all the questions guys.
I am going to fit the rear tailgate upgrade struts that allow the tailgate to open to with the remote control.
Well i have just tried to open the tailgate holding the unlock button on the remote to test the feature before
i upgrade the struts.
All that happens is that the sunroof and both door windows start to open, the tailgate stays shut, does not pop at all.
Has anyone any idea whats happening ?
Cheers.
Are you pressing the unlock button or the tailgate release button ?
The unlock button if held will unlock doors, unfold mirrors, open windows and sunroof.
The lock button if held will do the opposite and close the above.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members