OBDeleven modifications

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
Edit - I’ve just got into my car now and the ambient lighting IS on. Ignition is off (I literally just unlocked it and got in)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Thanks guys I’ve sorted it now, i can’t see it working with daytime running lights only though, only with headlights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim45

Apr 27, 2018
Hi. What’s the best odbeleven unit that can work with iOS? There seem to be a couple on Amazon, but not sure if these only read data rather than being able to change settings ispn the car.
There is only one OBD ELEVEN and it does NOT work with IOS, only Android tablet or phone.

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Hi. What’s the best odbeleven unit that can work with iOS? There seem to be a couple on Amazon, but not sure if these only read data rather than being able to change settings ispn the car.
OBD is a protocol - OBDeleven is a Bluetooth dongle and software combo that is only supported on Android.
Just get yourself some cheap, even used, Android phone and stop looking :)
Also, not many Bluetooth OBD dongles support iPhone - only WiFi ones and even then, they lack the softwaes to make all these changes.

Reactions: AlexOS and Andy1977

Deleted member 103408

If you just want to make simple changes then Carista supports IOS there is a thread on here for that app and the guys there can confirm what dongle you need https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/carista-app.444059/ . The big difference between the two is Carista is an app the allows you to make changes that the Carista team provide and nothing else. Obdeleven allows you to use apps but also you have full access to the cars control units and can make your own changes but as the others have said its Android only and currently there are no plans to change that.

Reactions: AlexOS

AlexOS

I am awaiting a build date on my Cupra ST 4drive, but i am interested in some of the items listed as adaptations with the OBDEleven....
Does anyone know if all the below are actually built into the cupra but turned off, so using the OBDeleventhey can be turned on, as they are paid options from Seat.?
Traffic signal recognition
lane assist
high beam assist
i'll be doing other stuff like rear DRLs, but wanted to know if the above would work too, or if those options only work for turning on/off stuff that has been ordered with the car.?

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I am awaiting a build date on my Cupra ST 4drive, but i am interested in some of the items listed as adaptations with the OBDEleven....
Does anyone know if all the below are actually built into the cupra but turned off, so using the OBDeleventhey can be turned on, as they are paid options from Seat.?
Traffic signal recognition
lane assist
high beam assist
i'll be doing other stuff like rear DRLs, but wanted to know if the above would work too, or if those options only work for turning on/off stuff that has been ordered with the car.?
Those features i.e lane assist and traffic sign recognition require hardware - namely a front facing camera at the height of the rearview mirror.

It doesn't come as standard.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

AlexOS

Those features i.e lane assist and traffic sign recognition require hardware - namely a front facing camera at the height of the rearview mirror.

It doesn't come as standard.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Thanks. Thought that may be the case, but worth asking. I didn’t know if it was part of the internal mirror/rain sensor installation but just not activated unless you paid for the options.

Andy1977

Jul 10, 2017
IMO it does absolutely nothing. Actually it alters the way cruise control is initiated.
What does the Audi mod actually do? Is it throttle response, or does it boost power/torque slightly?
Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

Based on what i see on the OBD11 Forum, some say it makes it more responsive but what i always say to people with stuff like this.
Do it and see if on your car it makes a difference.

On facelift cars what we know if you just have cruise control it wont work (because it gives errors) for those that have ACC it works with no errors (that i have seen so far). This change is made to the VW, Skoda cars and again we get mixed feedback (my guess it depends on what model you have)

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
I did that Audi mod on my Skoda Octavia to great success, but, after having it for a while on the FL Cupra, I decided to revert...
- it turns everything up a notch
- comfort mode has sport suspension and hard steering, plus sport accelerator curve.
- Cupra mode has very hard suspension and steering plus it seems to mess up the shifting points and it chokes. Also seems to overboost/overfuel.

So, maybe better not to do on these cars.

My Octavia vRS was a manual, did not have DCC and did not have a mode button, as such, the mod worked quite well on it.
Both my old Skoda and the Cupra have ACC, though - I never got any side errors on either car from enabling this mod.

Rob G

Apr 13, 2018
Dont think this will help you as its all in Control Module speak rather than actual physical components and torque settings, these are all pre defined in the Firmware I suspect.

Select Control Unit 32 Lock Electronics - This is the onboard control unit that deals with this part of the car
Select Adaptations - This is the type of change we are going to make (there is more than one type of change)
Then take Acoustic measure, wiring logic - This is the component description issued by VAG Team
It should be set to Standard but you can change it to increased Traction from the drop down list. - This is what we change to improve the settings or take them back to stock if required

Save with Green Tick.

Then Select Basic Settings in the same module and run resetting of all adaption values. - This is part of the process to make the changes stick in the control module.
Got round to coding this in along with removing torque limiter and changing the throttle to linear last week!
Pleased with the difference, it seems to bite in more at the front and less flashy lights on the dash when putting the power down in low gears (also heel/toe response has improved as the throttle is more responsive)

Thanks for the help!

apr95

Obd Eleven programming
Jul 21, 2014
Rear light illuminate when braking...

Central electrics 09
Adaption
-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion D 23 - Bremslicht
-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion D 24 - Bremslicht
-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Lichtfunktion D 26 -Bremslicht
-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion D 27 - Bremslicht

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
Rear light illuminate when braking...

Central electrics 09
Adaption
-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion D 23 - Bremslicht
-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion D 24 - Bremslicht
-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Lichtfunktion D 26 -Bremslicht
-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion D 27 - Bremslicht

Thanks just done this will see if it works later.
Hope this is legal for MOT etc lol, if not i backed up before doing it.

apr95

Obd Eleven programming
Jul 21, 2014
Yeah will be legal doesn't matter how much red light is showing when braking as long as there's no white

Deleted member 103408

Do you know if there is a difference if you have the rear inner lights on all the time (Which I do) as part of the rear DRL setup.

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
Ok.. The above works fine.
When you have side lights on though it looks like your normal break light is working, the outer bit does not go brighter than the side light, if you know what i mean.
Wonder if the normal break light can be disabled when using in the daytime, but then work when side lights are on as it does now.

Letchworth SEAT - car sales sponsor